Friday, January 16, 2015

Power Poppy's Friday Challenge and a Rose...











Hi there everybody!  I sure hope all of you are doing well!  Things have been pretty hectic here on he home front, but I just could not wait to use the new and absolutely stunning La Vie en Rose digital image from Power Poppy!  This beauty was introduced in grand style by our new digital design team, The Instant Gardeners...and if you have not had a chance to get the 411 on these incredible ladies, you are missing out! You can read all about them here.  Marcella has a whole new team of incredibly talented ladies to create inspiration just for you using her digital images!  To further celebrate the release of this new digital image, the Bloom Brigade has joined in the fun for our Friday Peep of the Week Challenge....



There haven't been this many roses around since the Tournament of Roses Parade, I tell ya!  Are you ready to get your rose fix? :) If you happened to miss the big release yesterday, here are the details on La Vie en Rose...



So now, let me show you what I created....




I printed my image out and took a little time trying to figure out the angle I wanted for my die cut.  Once I had that decided, I colored my image with  Copics.  I paired my image with one of the sentiments from the Dynamic Duos: Glads and Gerberas stamp set.....a perfect match for a Valentine, don't you think?  And since I am sending love, I thought it only fitting to use a postage stamp edge die for some of my panels. The patterned paper is from one of the sweetest 6x6 paper pads from Carta Bella called "Words of Love" by Carina Gardner.  It is chock full of the prettiest papers just begging to be made into Valentines.  :)  Although there are many layers here, the card itself is still pretty simple and flat for mailing.  I did pop up the rose panel with foam dimensionals but there are no bows, buttons, or other embellishments to make it difficult to mail.  There is a little ribbon but it is not tied so it doesn't count, right?  And the bit of stitching is certainly flat.  Don't worry, I am not going to try to pass this one off as "clean and simple"!  :)  Can you believe Valentine's is right around the corner and this is the first card I have made so far?  Yikes!  I hope you are further along than I am!  Here's a little close up so you can see that awesome Marcella detail...




Well, that pretty much is it for my card today, but you know my Bloom Brigade sisters are ready to show you their lovely creations.....so get ready to be a-mazed!  I hope you have a wonderful Friday and why don't you come play along with our Peep of the Week Challenge....who knows, you may be our next Peep!  Until next time, take care.....

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence  
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker


~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Paper-Stampin' Up!'s Naturals White and Riding Hood Red card stocks, Classic White card stock from Flourishes; Ink-Papertrey Ink's Smokey Shadow, Chamomile, and Chai inks; Dies-Spellbinders' A2 Matting Basics B, A2 Fancy Postage Edge, Classic Hearts, and Classic Scalloped Hearts die sets; Other-Atyou Spica Clear Glitter pen, Krylon 18KT gold leafing pen, Faber- Castell Pitt Artist pen in white, ribbon from Stampin' Up! and these Copic colors:  R20, R21, R22, R24, R27, R29, R39, RV99, G40, G43, G46, and G28.

12 comments:

  1. I am totally digging how you did the sentiment in the heart with the tag. Very clever miss Katie! Beautiful coloring, a very romantic card for Mr. Sims! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another incredible creation Katie! Love the whole postal theme of the layers too! So rich and luxurious it is! Love that sentiment you chose too! Fab card this week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you’ve used this Katie, the edging and the pretty little heart totally makes it look like postage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisitely colored and designed as always, Katie! I love the way you let the image fill the panel and then put the sentiment in the heart. The postage theme is fabulous, and, no, I don't think the ribbon counts, tee hee! I love it when you stamp, and I totally LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see what you've created Katie - always full of beautiful detailing and layers and sheer colouring perfection!! Another stunning creation from you girlie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katie, so glad to see you back, it's been a while, but well worth the wait my friend! This is absolutely stunning! I love the whole postage theme you have going on. Love the naturals white along with the red, just makes your rose pop. A perfect valentine card for someone special! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Katie! What a beautiful valentine! Every detail is just lovely. It will truly warm someone's heart when they open your card! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Katie, what a gorgeous and stunning card! And, yes, we have lots of roses, one of my favorite flowers! I've so loved all the cards I've seen so far, and I LOVE your layout - no, it's not CAS but very mailable! Hehe!! And what coloring and great DP, along with the postage stamp dies! Exquisite, sweet friend, as always! And, of course, I always LOVE reading your descriptions! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delish my friend. This needed no further embellishments. It's perfect in every way. The variegation in the roses looks amazing. You are the Queen of die cut card design. You really need to teach me a thing or two about Spellbinder dies. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely coloring, I like the use of your post edge die with the sentiment you chose, so pretty in that heart, lovely papers to compliment it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowsa!! You never cease to inspire me my friend!! LOVE the vintage feel with the postage edge, rich and textured ribbon and stunningly colored rose! What a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! what a gorgeous card, the layout is simply amazing, this colors you chose and the design makes it look for like an old post card, beautifully preserved and loved. What a lovely gift this will be to the lucky recipient.
    Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete