Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Power Poppy's February Release- Day 2













Howdy all and welcome back for Day 2 of Power Poppy's fabulous February stamp release!  Have you recovered from yesterday's inspirational extravaganza with the Orchids Rock stamp set?  That was pretty wonderful, but wait til you get a load of this sweet new set, Good Thinking:Love Notes.  As the name suggests, this one is all about the love, and that's a real good thing!  ;)




Now I have to tell you, I had an absolute blast working with this stamp set.  I chose to use the sentiment "You Send Me" and if you are a Sam Cooke fan then this will definitely put you in a happy place.  Picture me at my work table stamping, cutting, and pasting to my heart's content...my little dachshund/stamping partner at my feet snoozing....and me humming along to Sam Cooke crooning "You Send Me" on my computer.  That song is such a classic....oh, be still my heart!  Now if you don't know who Sam Cooke is....you simply must hear this song....you will be an instant fan, I am sure!  By the end of the day, I guess my sweet husband had heard me play it so much that day that he was actually humming the tune in the kitchen!  :)  Seriously, go find Sam on the 'net!  Play it for someone else...and like ripples on a pond the good vibes will spread and so on, and so on.  I think I may be getting a little carried away, but Sam can do that to you!  :)  Ok, before I really get started and go off on the golden oldies, maybe I should show you my card.  




Is that not the sweetest sentiment and font?!  It was begging to be stamped in a heart so I happily obliged.  Next, I used the darling little heart stamp in this set to stamp the two hearts over the "You" and "Me" and traced them with my Atyou Spica clear glitter pen to make those words sparkle.  My card base is a few layers of some of the most perfect papers ever for a Valentine....Carta Bella's  6x6 paper pad "Words of Love" by Carina Gardner.  I used a fabulous mixed font paper piece and ran it though my Grand Calibur with Papertrey Ink's wood grain impression plate.  I roughed up the texture a bit by sanding it and I love how it turned out.  I did do a lot of stitching on this but I wanted it to have a vintage Valentine feel to it.  I added a little cream seam binding ribbon that I recycled from a package I had recently received from a dear friend.  A few die cut flourishes from a My Favorite Things die added a little extra pizzazz behind my sentiment heart.  Lastly, I added the button on the bow and the heart.  Now this may be a historical moment.....I am trying to remember the last time I didn't either color or gold leaf on a card and I am having a hard time.  I guess I need to look back through my blog to see!  ;)  



Marcella has done it once again....this time with the perfect sentiments.  This set is chock full of sweet, lighthearted, and sentimental expressions that can be used not only for Valentine's Day but any time you are celebrating love...you pick the occasion and surprise your sweetie with a handmade original work of heart from you!  :)  As for this card, it will be going to a certain Sam Cooke sound-a-like that I know... ;)

Well that is all for my card today, but you know what's next....my fabulous Bloom Brigade sisters have an amazing display of creativity and just plain heart felt hand made goodness to share with you, so make sure you pay them a visit and leave a little love while you are there!  Are you ready for Day 3?  Well, just fasten your seat belt 'cause we aren't even half way through this month's release!  I am so glad you could stop by today and I hope you can pop in tomorrow for another peek.....until then, take care!  :)

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence    
Julie Koerber  
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and .....
Marcella Hawley

~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Ink-Tsukineko's Versafine in Onyx Black, Papertrey Ink's Chai ink, Stampin' Up!'s Raspberrty Ripple ink and Whisper White craft ink; Paper-Stampin' Up!'s Naturals White and Riding Hood Red card stocks; Other-Spellbinders die sets in Classic Heart and 5x7 Matting Basics B, buttons and twine from Papertrey Ink.

9 comments:

  1. Well isn't this just a lovely feast for the eyes! I love all the mix of paper and textures and sweet little sentiments! Too fun Ms. Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! Katie this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love all the little details, sewing, buttons, bows and swirls - all adds up to a beautiful vintage styled stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sharp and warm feeling Katie...I just love the little touches with the buttons and the woodgrain embossing on the dp! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very gorgeous vintage card Katie! You sure have an eye for detail, love all your finishing touches. And yes I do know the song by Sam Cooke, but it's been a while so I went to 'you tube' to have a listen, Okay now you have me humming this song, it will stick with me for a while - thanks! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming little valentine miss Katie. I like the weathered like look and textures to the back panel. So... confession.. Never had heard of Sam whatever his name until you and Marcy started talking. WIll have to google the song as I am clueless still... hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding! I'm so in love with this card, Katie. The sentiment looks like it was made for those little hearts to be exactly right there. I love how you embossed and sanded the wood grain on the DP. Again, it looks like it's supposed to be there. Those swirly flourishes are the perfect sweet finish to an absolutely adorable card! Yes, darlin' Sam has been in my head quite a bit lately... hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never, and I mean NEVER cease to amaze me each and every time I see one of your works of art Katie! I'm continually blown away by your creativity and eye! I can't even put in words what I thought when I saw this beautiful creation. It just feels all cozy, charming and made with love! PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Katie, this is beautiful! I love how you've used this amazing DP with the sweet little heart and sentiment with the hearts on "you" and "me!" Sigh! And, yes, I can hear you singing away that song...hehe!! It's fun to stamp with music...definitely think it inspires me!! Totally love this card and can hardly wait to see the entire set! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sigh...the font is like something off an old vintage Valentine. Adding the little stamped hearts on top is just icing on the cake. Love the texture of the embossing too. Katie yooouuu've sent me into a card sugar high. Honest you did. Honest you did. Honest you did. :-)

    ReplyDelete