Friday, January 30, 2015

Power Poppy's February Release-Day 4







Hello there and I'm so glad you could stop by today!  We have had so much fun this week at Power Poppy HQ showing you all of the new stamp sets for this month's release.  There is so much variety in this collection....a little something for everyone!  If you are craving a little something edgy, fresh, and fun....then you are going to love today's set, Big Scripts.  There are so many possibilities and I am sure that your mind will be reeling as you hop along today seeing the Bloom Brigade's offerings for your inspiration!





This set, I must admit, made me a little nervous.  I love all of the bold script sentiments but it forced me to get out of my little gold leafed, copic colored box and explore all of the possibilities for this set.  So I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for a CAS style card again.  I know, I know..... but I am still convinced that one day that elusive style will become more comfortable for me.   Nothing like practice, practice, practice....right?  So here is to personal growth...lol.






I loved this "With Love" sentiment....I think I am still in the clouds from my Sam Cooke reunion earlier this week...so that is the direction I went.   I turned to my new Carta Bella 6x6 paper pad "Words of Love" by Carina Gardner for some pretty patterned papers, stamping the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black on one of them and die cutting a row of hearts with a border die from Papertrey Ink with another one.  I ran some Stampin' Up! Naturals White card stock through a SU! stripes embossing folder for my main panel and then attached my patterned papers to it.  I thought a little stitching would be nice for the borders and add a little more interest.  I actually stopped there and left it that way for a couple of days but I had the nagging feeling that I needed to add something else.  As much as I tried to ignore it, I just couldn't (Am I a lost CAS cause?) so I ended up using the heart die again and cutting a bit of cream felt.  I used two of the hearts and stitched them to the left side of the zig zag border.  Ok, nagging feeling better now....;)  Then, I attached the assembled panel to an A2 card base.






I love that graphic sentiment!  After I was done, I had an "ah ha" moment and thought wouldn't this look great in a bold red on a stark white card stock....almost like lipstick!  Yeah, I may have to try that next....;)  I think that would be a nice little love note to tuck away in Mr. Sims' lunch box for a surprise!  :)  Note to self......hee hee.

So, that is all for my card today but there are several more cards for you to see today from my amazingly talented Bloom Brigade sisters.  Make sure you leave a little love along the way and then get ready for the final day, Day 5, of this month's release.  I will be sitting out tomorrow but I will be joining back up with everyone on Sunday for the Power Poppy Blog Hop.  I hope you can stop back by then and until then....take care!  :)  

Christine Okken   
Dawn Burnworth  
Julie Koerber  
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and .....
Marcella Hawley

~Katie

7 comments:

  1. Katie --Love this clean and classy creation and those little stitched over hearts. Just soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Katie, you do CAS beautifully...even if it is a struggle for you! Never would know that from looking at this charming beauty! I think the Mr. will love it!! It surely was made with loads of love! Just love the hearts, including the felt ones you stitched one! It's darling, and I am eager to see the rest of the script sentiments...they are so "in" and great to add to any card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really classy, and well done CAS design! I’m so with you on never knowing if the CAS statement is “enough”. But I do love the little stitched hearts, I think that was the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The bold black sentiment on the gray heart paper looks fantastic! Those two little felt hearts did not in the least take away from the clean and simple character of this card, Katie. You do fabulous CAS! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific card. Great bold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elusive I say NOT.. this is super cute and a great CAS! I like the stitching even through the two hearts. This is darling Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you do CAS just fine. Here's a perfect example. Love that big sentiment and going with the extra felt hearts was a genius move. Every thing you do is golden my friend. I've survived...just barely, and what a joy it's been. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete