Thursday, January 29, 2015

Power Poppy's February Release-Day 3

















Well hello there!  I am so glad to see you back!  I hope you have been enjoying Power Poppy's release thus far....I surely have loved making cards with these adorable images and today's is certainly no exception.  Today's sneak peek set is called Short Stacks.  This set speaks to my love of treasured memorabilia.  There is not a room in our house that I don't have precious items from the past tucked here and there on bookshelves, coffee tables, chests, or any where else I can find a way to display all of those sweet memories.  There is something so comforting about being surrounded by those cherished trinkets.....an old photo frame, antique bread bowls, glass candlestick holders, and one of my all time favorite things......serving trays and dishes.  You would be surprised how much stuff I can group on a single tray.....lol!  What some may think of as cluttered, I think of as warm and homey.  I love the memories these items evoke and the feeling of family and love.  And as added little bonus here.....I got a bit of a chuckle with the fabulous name for this set because we have been known to refer to our dear little dachshund as "Short Stack" from time to time.....lol.  So why don't we have a peek at Short Stacks, the stamp set....shall we?  :)




For my card, I chose to use the darling stack of a book, tiered plate, flowers, and coffee mug.  There are a few "short stacks" in this set to choose from and I imagine when you get to hopping a little later you will see them all!  :)  I thought it would be fun to play with the "stack" concept and have my image on a stack so I started by stamping my image on my die cut card stock rectangle positioning it where I could tuck in some card stock layers.  I colored my image with Copics, sponged on some ink and then ran my image panel through my Grand Calibur with a linen impression plate from Papertrey Ink.  Next, I used a blade and cut around the bottom outline of my image to allow my card stock strip to slip underneath it.  I layered a couple more card stock strips and some stitching...my papers are from Echo Parks' adorable 6x6 paper pad "Fine and Dandy" by Lori Whitlock.  To give my image a little more detail, I added some Ranger Glossy Accents to the water glass and the lenses of the glasses and added pearls and a gem to the flower centers.  A few swipes with my Atyou Spica clear glitter pen gave some sparkle and a little polka dot bow seemed to fit right in here.  All that was left was to layer the image panel with some blue paper and then adhere the whole thing to a white card stock base.  

  



I just love the detail that Marcella put in to these sweet collections. Each one is sure to steal your heart and the sentiments are pretty special too!  




Now this just makes me want to curl up with an afghan, a cup of coffee and the best book ever....what about you?  Oh, let me not forget.....our own little "Short Stack" is sure to be curled up by my side too!  Speaking of....here is a photo (from a few years ago) of our little guy, Baxter, aka Bax Man, Baxie, Short Stack, and an assortment of other silly names.  He has some distinguished looking gray on his face and he moves a little slower now, but he is still our sweet boy....




So, how about those short stacks, hmm?  Are you itching to make this stamp set your own and get to coloring up these precious images?  Well, you won't have to wait long, because the entire release will be available on February 1st!  I hope you found a little inspiration here today, but please make sure you check out what my incredibly talented Bloom Brigade sisters have created for you....you know it will be out of this world gorgeous, right?  Make sure you leave them a little love while you are there and then get ready for Day 4 of Marcella's fabulous release.  Hope you'll be able to pop back by tomorrow....until then, take care!  :)

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence  
Dawn Burnworth  
Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and .....
Marcella Hawley

~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Ink-Memento's Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass; Paper- Stampin' Up!'s Naturals White and Island Indigo, Flourishes' Classic White card stock; Other-Spellbinders' die set 5x7 Matting Basics B, Ranger Glossy Accents, Stampin' Up!'s pearls and gems, ribbon from stash, and these Copic colors-BG0000, BG000, BG53, BG57, YR14, YR15, YR18, E40, E44, E55, E59, Y13, Y19, Y32, Y35, YG11, YG13, YG17, G40, G43, G46, B93, B97, R21, R22, R25, RV55, RV63, RV66, and RV69.

14 comments:

  1. Clever, clever, clever! Who would have thought to take a craft knife to the bottom to make it appear as if it's sitting on stacks -- well, you did and it's brilliant! Love the linen effect too -- just sets off your image perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love your rendition of short stacks by staking the dp. Love all the colors and coloring you did. (And love your pretty Baxter.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stack of books for the base?!?!?! Now how absolutely clever is that!!!! Girl, you are incredible! LOVE your coloring...that's a total given! But your layout and sentiment along the bottom is what just made my jaw drop! You always have something unique and clever up your sleeve, and are never in short supply! Love your little "Short Stack" too. What a darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Katie, you are amazing and so clever! I too love the idea of stacking this "stack" on the DP! Fabulous! And what beautiful and vibrant colors, along with the beautifully colored image! I love the texture you added along with the stitching and the perfect ribbon to finish it off! Yes, I'm inspired and only need Bax at my side to "cuddle"! Don't think you're going to let him visit me though, eh? Hehe! He's so adorable, and I can imagine him snuggled next to you as you warm yourself by the fireplace! Hugs, sweet friend! (Hurry up February 1!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is brilliant! I love the way you did the background and the dainty polka dot ribbon. The bright colours it is coloured in with and the stack of strips to balance it on. Great work!
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are gorgeous. And what a wonderful photo of your baby..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your colors and the whole card is fantastic! Bax is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty, love your stitched pieces with it too!! Cute little guy there, we have a piebold, white and black doxie, short hair and she is almost 15 years old and has alot of gray around her face and head :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee - your own short stack is so cute! Love the stitched “books” Katie...this is such a sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I can't help but comment first on your dear, sweet Baxter -- I think I'm in love! Oh, Katie, how can you ever stop smooching on him? Oh, wait... you probably don't stop whenever you're in his presence. What a darling! He looks as huggable as a couple of big furry Goldens I know. I loved reading your description of your home. Makes me want to clutter mine up a bit more. But, oh, the dusting! Maybe when I retire... However, now that I look around, there is quite a bit of memorabilia here. You'd be surprised at some of it -- Banana Man, driftwood pieces, hand made dolls, old photos. Okay, now I simply must tell you how I adore your card. Sweet colors, love how you stacked the papers. YOU take awesomeness to a whole new level! Don't you just love that sentiment? Have a good day, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, first of all, love Baxter - oh my gosh he is so adorable, he looks like he would be a great companion to snuggle up on the sofa with. For your card, I love how you laid strips of paper to represent books - so clever you are Katie! This is just an awesome card - love everything about it - well done! Have a wonderful weekend Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baxter is so sweet and what a great stamping pal. ;-) your card is charming. I adore how you stacked the dp and your image. So fresh and pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like the perfect setting to me. Book, glasses, some pretty flowers and a nice cup of tea. Just throw in that snuggly blanket and maybe even a snuggly Baxter and there you go. hee hee Ole Short Stack looks like he'd be lots of fun to snuggle with. I really like the stacked DP panels you used under the image. Let's see if I can survive the excitement of one more post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like how your stack is sitting on that paper. It looks like a cool shelf. Your sweet little pup is so cute. i have one that is 16. She is my shadow. Love those little critters. They move into your heart. Great job this release Katie as always.

    ReplyDelete