Friday, December 26, 2014

A Poinsettia Thank You












Hello everybody and a Merry Christmas to you!  I hope you all had an amazing holiday spent with those dearest to you!  I think it's about time I ambled on back to my very neglected blog to share a little Power Poppy goodness with you.  I think I mentioned we had  moved back into our house a few weeks ago after some renovations....well throw in unpacking, getting ready for Christmas, some family medical issues, work, and just life in general and you get a blog in need of updating.....sooooo, here I am!  :)  I could not resist using the beautiful poinsettia image from Poinsettia again for this week's Power Poppy challenge.  We'd love it if you'd come play along with us and who knows, but you might be selected as a Peep of the Week!  How fun would that be?  :)




Ever since this image was released, I have wanted to use this image without coloring it.....I know, me and my Copics are pretty tight, but sometimes you just wanna do something a little different, right?  So, I decided I wanted to make my own toile pattern with that gorgeous poinsettia and since I am going to be needing some thank you cards in the next few days I thought I would go ahead a get started. 





I stamped my poinsettia image using Memento's Rhubarb Stalk on to some white card stock that had been die cut with Spellbinder's Labels Twenty Two.  I left the die frame on while I stamped so I could keep a nice edge on it and then sponged on some more Rhubarb Stalk ink before removing the frame.  Next, I die cut my sentiment  layer and stamped my sentiment.  Next I used Spellbinder's Classic Squares Small die set and Marvelous Squares set for the rest of my layers.  I used some ink to distress the edges of my layers, did a little stitching, added some gold leafing with my Krylon 18KT gold leafing pen, and assembled my layers.  At the last minute I added some sparkle to some of the pomegranates and the poinsettia centers with an Atyou Spica clear glitter pen....you can't really see it in the photos but it does add a nice subtle shine to the image.





Have I said how much I love this poinsettia image?  I am sure I probably have, but it certainly bears repeating.... the detail on this is stunning and I think it makes a fabulous toile print!  You could very easily stamp off a whole sheet of this and then do several die cuts from the sheet for mass producing. Well, that is all for my card today, but I know my Bloom Brigade sisters are rockin' the house so make sure you check out what gorgeousness they have for your inspiration and then get busy on your own Power Poppy creation, link it up to the Power Poppy blog and YOU could be our next Peep of the Week!  I can't wait to see what you create, and until next time.....take care!

Christine Okken    
Julie Koerber 
Katie Sims <------You are here

~Katie 

Supplies:  Image-Power Poppy's Poinsettia stamp set, sentiment from Papertrey Ink's In the Meadow stamp set; Ink-Memento's Rhubarb Stalk, Stampin' Up!'s Cherry Cobbler, Papertrey Ink's Chamomile and Chai inks; Paper-Classic White card stock from Flourishes, Naturals White card stock from SU!, patterned paper from Melissa Frances'  "Deck the Halls" 6x6 paper pad; Dies-Spellbinders sets in Labels Twenty Two, Marvelous Squares, and Classic Squares Small and Papertrey Ink's Photo Finish Strips die collection; Other-Krylon  18KT Gold Leafing pen, Atyou Spica clear glitter pen,  pearls from SU!

8 comments:

  1. Holy stamp-oly Katie! That's one freakin' stunning toile inspired card! Wow... love all the gorgeous dies with their added touches of gold. What a beautiful holiday thank you card! Hugs to you... Happy holidays my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie wow! I just love the toile feel and the way you’ve slipped the sentiment into the die with the gold edges...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Katie! Love everything - from the toile stamped image, all the layers, the wrapped sentiment, touch of gold and glitter- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Katie!! So happy that you are back! Wishing you a wonderful start in the New Year! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, oh, my! Everything about this is gorgeous and perfect and so well thought out. I always admire that about your cards -- how well thought out they are. Just look at that stitched layer peeking under the die cut, and the sentiment so precisely stamped and die cut and slipped into place. And the pearls, big and little. You're the best with the Krylon gold pen, and, indeed, the poinsettia makes a remarkably lovely toile. So good to see you stamping again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so very lovely Katie girl. The design is sheer perfection. All those yummy layers. I so wish I could do that. A beauty for sure. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Katie...Katie! Where do I begin? This is absolutely and completely gorgeous! Your style is so amazing, and I love the elegance of it! And you know I (and probably "we" all) LOVE how you use the amazing Krylon gold pen! This is exquisite! Thank you for sharing this beautiful card, and I always LOVE reading your descriptions! Your personality comes through so sweetly! You are just the sweetest AND so amazingly talented! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete