Saturday, April 19, 2014

Think Peaceful Thoughts


Hi there everybody!  Happy Saturday to you.  I hope you had a good week.  I have a little card to share with you today.  I have been itching to use those feathers in Power Poppy's new release set Marcella's Mixtape: Vol. 1 and I got to thinking about how I could pair it up with a sentiment from another new release set Good Thinking: Renewal and that is when it came to me....a pillow.  Who doesn't love a good feather pillow?  If that doesn't say peaceful, then I don't know what does!


So, here is my pillow card!  Now, before we go into the details, I did want to mention that there is not one bit of coloring on this card....zero....nada....nil.  Do you ever feel like just stamping somtimes?  Well, then you are in luck, because these stamps are so versatile, you don't have to color them!  I made this card base like a pillow, complete with an insert that you can see in another photo.  I made a little piping border (by scoring some pink paper) and white trim for the pillowcase and sewed them to my patterned paper panel. Then I thought it might be cute to make my tag like a true tag you would find sewn onto bed linens so it is just a hand cut banner edged with pinking shears.  I added a seam binding bow and sweet little feather tag to mimic the packaging on a set of linens.  I actually pulled out my Crop-A-Dile....a tool I haven't used in ages to set the little eyelet for my tag.  


Here is a side view of my card....I made a little insert to fluff out my card by taking a little bubble wrap I had left over from a package and simply folding some white card stock around it and slipping it in the card.  I really wanted to go get a little sachet packet or make my own to make this a card and little gift combined but I have a caught a bad cold and am not able to get out right now!  :(  I will definitely be making more of these cards later on so I will make something better for the insert then.  The card base is a normal landscape layout and I attached my pillowcase top using some Scor-tape at the top and bottom to leave the middle open for my insert.  The finished card size is 4" x 5 1/4" .


Here is a little view of the inside of the card....I used another sentiment from Good Thinking: Renewal and staggered them across the bottom of the card with some more of the feathers from Marcella's Mixtape. I used my Atyou Spica clear glitter pen on the large feather and the tiny feather tag on the card front to give them a little shimmer.  So, are you feeling relaxed?  I think this is what I am going to do right now...try to relax and just breathe....although, it would really be awesome if I wasn't so stuffy and coughing right now.....lol.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and an even more wonderful Easter!  I am so happy you could stop by today and I'll be seeing you soon with some new goodness from Power Poppy!  :)  Take care until next time and think peaceful thoughts.....:)

~Katie

Supplies:  Stamps-Power Poppy's Marcella's Mixtape: Vol. 1 and Good Thinking: Renewal; Ink-Memento Espresso Truffle, Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo, PTI- Berry Sorbet, Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake; Paper-white card stock, dp's from My Mind's Eye Lost &Found Market Street 6x6 paper pad; Dies-Spellbinders Labels Twenty Eight; Tools- Pinking Shears, We R Memory Keepers' Crop-A-Dile, Singer Sewing Machine; Other-Pink Seam Binding Ribbon, White Eyelet, Atyou Spica clear glitter pen, string

6 comments:

  1. What a unique idea - a pillow card - turned out just as sweet as can be! Especially like that inside sentiment......now you go lay your head down and rest Miss sickie, I had that crud two weeks ago, ugh, get yourself well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pillow card and love the color and stitching.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, so very cute and creative! You always go beyond the ordinary. I love the pillow concept -- it looks exactly like a pillow! How fun it would be to make up a bunch of pillows with different papers! LOVE the idea of slipping a sachet inside! And the inside is so restful and soothing. I hope you're having a restful and soothing day. I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope you're feeling better. I just started my round with that nasty mess. That's why I'm on the computer at 4 in the morning. LOL. I hate coughing! This theme is the cutest idea. A pillow....only you could come up with that and pull it off to perfection. Awesome design my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Katie, I'm just getting around to viewing this card from Feeddler! It's beautiful, as always, and I love the beautiful papers and lovely ribbon and tag! Your cards always delight me, and I'm praying that you are feeling much better, sweet friend! Tender hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Love the piping. ;) hope you are feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete