Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Power Poppy's Blog Hop!

Hey ya'll!  So, did you enjoy all of the sneaky peeks this week?  Can you believe all of those gorgeous images that Marcella drew just for you?  I cannot tell you how much fun we have all had getting all of our projects ready for you and now it's time for one last reveal....our first Power Poppy Blog Hop!  So get comfy and let's get started!  :)












Ok, so I don't make any secret of the fact that I am a true Georgia girl....complete with the southern accent.  :)  When I first saw this Azalea set and the beautiful sentiments that accompanied them...well...you can just imagine my excitement!  So for today's post, I just had to use my new favorite of all time set...Azalea.  I wanted to have this card really represent me.  I love all things vintage-y, nostalgic, a little more traditional than shabby (which I guess explains my gold leafing obsession)....anyways, just kind of a mix of styles.  I decided to do sort of a collage using the images and sentiments from this set.  I thought it might be fun to make it look "vintage road trip"....is that a theme?  :)



I started this project by finding a state of Georgia cut out for my Silhouette...I sized it to fit the area I wanted to cover on my card.  After cutting it out,  my intention was to do a single stitch line around the edge, but again with the sewing machine issues.  Its tension problems are now giving me tension problems!  So, after I botched sewed the edge, I decided to make it look more random so I stitched around a couple of more times.  Quit laughing!  Sooo, next I stamped my beautiful azalea image on to white card stock with Memento's Tuxedo Black ink, colored it with copics and fussy cut it out.  Then, I stamped my main sentiment on some cute musical paper and punched it out and backed it with a Spellbinders die cut.  For my little banner, I just hand cut it and stamped the sentiment on it.  Everything got a good coat of Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo.  For my card base, I layered a few papers from my scrap box...except for my map paper...that is from October Afternoon's  "Seaside" 8x8 pad.  I have been saving that map paper for a special occasion!  :)  The final card size ended up being 4 5/8" x 5 7/8".




So, are you feelin' the road trip vibe?  Can you hear Ray Charles singing Georgia On My Mind?  I hope so!  And I also hope that you have enjoyed all of our festivities this week! Remember...all of these stamp sets are now available in the Power Poppy store!


  So, why don't you keep on the hop and see what all of my incredibly talented Bloom Brigade team mates have made for you?  These ladies have been bringin' it all week so I am sure there is plenty of gorgeousness for you to see!  Make sure you leave them a little blog love while you're there!  And thanks so much for stoppin' by today...you come back real soon now, ya hear?  ;)



Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Dina Kowal
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

~Katie

Supplies:  
Stamps:  Azalea
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress inks in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo; Not Quite Navy-Stampin' Up!
Paper:  White card stock; Brown card stock; October Afternoon "Seaside" paper pad; scraps
Other:  Spellbinders Blossom die set; Circle punch-Stampin' Up!; Ribbon-Very Vanilla grosgrain-Stampin' Up!; Paper clip-Tim Holtz; Faber Castell Pitt White pen
and these Copic colors:
YG61,YG63,YG67, YG91, R20, R21, R22, R24, R27, R29, R59, BV000, E40, E42, E44, E47, E49

27 comments:

  1. Every time I turn around you pull another FABULOUS project outta your hat Katie! I just adore the idea of you including your state shape on the card - and I love the whole vintage-y feel!!! Wow... simply wow!!! Love it... every single piece of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! the color on this card just pops off the page! Your coloring is absolutely amazing! And the layout of this creation is just so original! Love this one Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp! I LOVE this! Oh yes, I love everything about this! The state shape, the stitching, the printed papers, the shabby chicness...Love it I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is perfect on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and I love the way it represents you!! Had to laugh at your sewing adventures...that's what always happens to me! So glad to see these sets continue with Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I love this. Love everything about this - from the beautiful colouring, the stitching, paper and your finishing details, very shabby chic looking - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did Marcella's Azaela proud girlfriend. That is true suthern delish with red Copics no less - my oh my

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay....you're just killing me with all of your creative stunners Katie! Seriously!! Your style is just so yummy and eye-appealing!! LOVE the torn and shabby sewn Georgia piece!! How super clever! And attaching the azalea sentiment with a mini-paper clip...LOVE!! Okay...then there's the coloring....GET OUT!! Girl, you've got it goin' on when it comes to shabby chic...well and every other style as far as I'm concerned. I'm bowing to your greatness...just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous... Botched sewing... you crack me up. Your flowers look fantastic, love the cut work girlie! You have my addy right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your work on this card!!! Before I read your blog I was looking at your fabulous card and I realized it was reminiscent of travel brochures, old Route 66 maps, etc., so you did indeed convey the road map look! I am going to try to copy this one! Also, thanks very much for posting which Copics you used - that will be a huge help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card beautifully done love it hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWEEE!!! Katie this is Shabby Chic at its finest!! Love your colour and paper choices and I wouldn't never have said botched sewing!! ROFL!! That is card character my friend!! Your colouring is absolutely gorgeous!! You have totally rocked this release - every card has been amazing!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who would have thought Vintage Road Trip could be a theme? But you did it, Katie, and I LOVE it! Honestly, the state of Georgia should feature this card in travel brochures. Now, aside from your completely stunning coloring, your stitching looks fabulous! Like a meandering highway. Love the colors, papers, tag, sponging, collage type layout -- WOW! You are too cute to include the peanuts in your photo, too. You inspire me in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geez! I'm even more in love with this set now. Good thing I bought it. :-) Now I have to do a Mississippi version of this. LOL. Uh-amazing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katie, this is beautiful! Loving this set!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colors and mix of dp. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love reading your commentary...you are so FUN! Yes, I'm ready for a road trip...be RIGHT there! ;) This card is RIDICULOUS!!! That's how much I love it! The contrasting colors make those gorgeously colored azaleas just pop right off the page! I have my sewing machine sitting right next to me at the next "station" in my studio, and I haven't sewn on a card in months. I keep looking over at it, and then saying....NAH. I'm too lazy! lol Love the multiple lines of stitching...looks exactly like you meant to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ABsolutely Gorgeous!! Well actually I think that the meandering stitching just had to be intentional because it looks to me like you were just taking a few road trips around the state to be sure to see it all, right :) I love the azaleas cut out and popped up! The vintage look sooo perfect!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie girl, I have loved each and every card you've created for what has already become one of my favorite stamp lines (how could it not?) You brought your A game each time (both cards and write-ups). I so agree with Leslie, if anyone could create a new stamp style theme (Vintage Road Trip) you could *giggle* And it takes a seasoned driver (on the sewing machine) to bring her back on the road. Your tension issues went well with the style so not to worry. This Georgia peach did good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl, I just love how you "recovered" this design with the sewing (which looks so perfect by the way, like it's supposed to be that), and made into such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love the look of random stitching so it works for me :) Gorgeous design and coloring of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so pretty. I love the vintage feel of your card. You did a great job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, Katie! I love your perfectly colored Azalea and cut out of the state of Georgia. So clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. I had to order that set right away. Can't wait to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm seeing this a week late. WOW! Super duper fantastic. Yup, going to have to own this stamp set. Love the georgia state shape, the sentiment and the beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You nailed vintage with this gorgeous card, Katie!! I love the vibrant colors and the random stitching (even if it started out as "botched" stitching--heck, probably *because* it was botched stitching is why I like it this much!!) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete