Sunday, April 27, 2014

Power Poppy May Release Day 1

Hi there!  So glad you stopped by for Day 1 of Power Poppy's May Release!  This release is a bit different because it is a digital release...which means, you get your images right away!  How amazing is that!?! Never worked with digis?  Well then now is your chance to try them out....I must warn you though, they can become very addictive!  I have collected quite a little stash on my computer and these beautiful images have a special place of honor in my collection.  The beauty of working with digital images is the ability to resize to fit the space you want to put it in.....like the sentiment for my card today.  So, why don't we just take a look at today's digital image, shall we?


How sweet is that little trio of Gerbera Daisies?!  And they were such a dream to color!  I chose to fussy cut my blooms because I had my heart set on using this sweet little die set for my card.  I sized down the sentiment to fit in the smaller die cut, printed it, then used the die to cut it out.  Next I sponged on a little ink while it was still in the die, gave it a little gold leafing detail with my Krylon gold leafing pen and then layered it with some pink paper.  Then, I printed my daisies, colored them with copics and fussy cut them. 


 I used the larger dies in the set to make my card base...notice the little pierced border....isn't that the cutest little detail?  I think it works perfectly with the daisy images!  I gold leafed the pierced panel, assembled my card base, then attached my sentiment panel and my colored daisies with some foam dimensionals.  The final detail was a white satin bow with a little button and string.  


Don't you think that daisies are a cheerful flower?  They always make me smile!  So are you getting inspired?  Well, make sure you check out what all of my fellow Bloom Brigade team mates have created for you!  I am sure you will not be disappointed!  I am so glad you stopped by today!  Make sure you check the Power Poppy site tomorrow for Day 2 of May's release!  I will be back with you on Tuesday for Day 3.  Hope to see you then!  :)

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence 
Danielle Kennedy 
Dawn Burnworth  
Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker 

Supplies:  Paper-white and pink card stock; Ink-Melon Berry-PTI, Whisper White-SU!; Dies- Nellie's Choice Ann's Paper Art Stitching dies Square 1; Other-ribbon, button, string, Krylon 18KT Gold Leafing Pen; foam dimensionals
And these Copic colors:  YR61, YR65, YR68, YR14, E35, R30, R32, R35, R37, R39, RV10, RV11, RV13, RV14, RV17, YR30, YR31, YG01, Y17, Y26

18 comments:

  1. Wow Katie, this is beautiful. The die is gorgeous, the piercing really adds to your card. (I think I need to have this die!). Love how you framed your sentiment with the daisies. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love all the textures and again the piercing is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me, GF! I love your beautifully colored Daisies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fussy cutting is right girlie. Love that they are popped up and cut out. Framed beautifully with your pierced border and wonderful coloring. Hope you are feeling better today! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh..I love that you cut the daisies out. It looks fantastic. I also really love the piercing. I haven't done that in ages. It is so fun to see what everyone has done. I too hope you are having a resting weekend and feel better. My hubby has it and he is going on day 8 and still is so sick. Come on summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katie... it's darling! I love that cool pierced die; works perfectly with your beautifully coloured Gerbers! Love, as always, your little touch of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Katie! A BIG SIGH! How gorgeous! I just love the fussy-cutting and how this gorgeous die really shows off these beautifully colored daisies! I'm in love!! LOL! Another beauty, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love every little detail from your fabulous coloring, to the shape, to that pretty little bow and button! The piercing looks fabulous and the arrangement of the flowers is a perfect accent for the sentiment. You never cease to amaze me, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely beautiful and fresh layout -- those daisies look good enough to pick right off your card Ms. Katie! Tooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the pretty paper piercing on this frame and oh my, those gorgeous daisies will be a definite hit this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEEP!!!! How DARLING is this!!!! LOVE that frame and your blooms are divine!!! Gorgeous work as always my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzers! This is gorgeous girl! I love the piercing mat...it is just perfect! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katie, we must have been channeling each other today *laughing* We were at the garden center this afternoon and the Gerber Daisy's were stunning in all their color! The only thing that can bring up a close second is your lovely card creation today. I agree, I love digi's for their ability to resize. And... they look adorable on that pieced die cut frame - a prefect way to "pot" them up! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie - that die looks so fantastic with these gerberas! I love them cut out without the stems too...the perfect flowery accent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards just always ooze charm Katie!! I Love how you used the Gerberas to frame the sentiment! So LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I've been saving your posts up so I could have a drool fest and you haven't disappointed. That is the coolest die. Love the way you've put the flowers to use on this card Katie. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very pretty flowers and love the piercing framing the card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl you crack me up - you call a pierced border a nice little touch - I call it a lot of work, but it did turn out lovely and is just perfect as a background to these lovely flowers. I'm a little late catching up with you but its been fun scrolling through to see this weeks work.

    ReplyDelete