Saturday, November 29, 2014

Power Poppy's December Release-Day 1










Well, hello there and a Happy Saturday to you!  Can you believe it is already time for another Power Poppy Release?!  If you are a digi fan, then this release is going to make you very happy because it is an all digital release this month!  If you haven't crossed over into using digi images yet, then may I ask...what are you waiting for?!  I know, I know....they can be intimidating if you are not the savviest of computer folks (and let me tell you, I am not the savviest.....just ask my husband....lol).  But truly, digis certainly have their place in your craft room....the thing I love the most about them is they can be altered to whatever size you want but that is not all....they can be downloaded immediately so no waiting on the mail, they are stored on your computer so no extra space in your craft room is needed, and price wise...they are a steal!  AND, the amazingly talented Julie Koerber and Allison Cope have wonderful tutorials on the Power Poppy blog that you can look at again and again until you become a digi expert yourself!  Click here for Julie's tutorial.  Click here for Allison's tutorial.  So, I can think of no reason now why you shouldn't give these jewels a try, can you?  ;)  Why don't we take a peek at today's digital image, Winter Pick-Me-Up, shall we?





Is that not the prettiest little bouquet? I love how Marcella combines so many unexpected blooms in to her bouquets....and the name of this image couldn't be more fitting!  This would certainly perk me right up during those long winter days and remind me that Spring is just around the corner.  :)  Let me show you what I created using this sweet image...




Ok, I had in mind to do something totally different for this card but that pretty spring green paper was calling my name, so I went with it.  I sized my image and sentiment to fit the dies I wanted to use and printed them out.  Next, I colored my image using Copics and sponged on some ink.  I also sponged ink on my sentiment panel.  Then, I layered several papers and did some stitching to give some extra detail.  Once I had layered my colored image on the black scallop die cut, I held my breath and punched two holes in it to tie my bow.  All that was left was to assemble the rest of my card layers and add my sentiment.  I did layer the sentiment too so it would stand out a little more.  I don't think you can see it in the photos but I added some shimmer with my Atyou Spica Clear glitter pen to the blooms.  




I love this pretty mixed font sentiment....just the thing to send to a dear friend, don't you think?  I know I will be using it and this lovely image again and again.  That is all for my card today but you really need to hop around and see what my sweet Bloom Brigade team mates have created for you...pure gorgeousness awaits you, of that I am sure!  Make sure you leave some blog love along the way....And, just wait til you see the newest addition to Marcella's garden tomorrow!  I can honestly say, it had my little ol' southern heart beatin' double time.....yep, I still get giddy thinking about it and I know you will love it too!  Hope you have a wonderful day today and I look forward to your next visit.  Until then, take care!  :)


Christine Okken  
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and .....
Marcella Hawley


~Katie

Supplies:  Images from Power Poppy's new digital set, Winter Pick-Me-Up; Paper-Classic White card stock from Flourishes, black card stock from Stampin' Up!, patterned papers from My Mind's Eye's Lost & Found Two "Rosy" 6x6 paper pad, green card stock from stash; Ink-HP printer, Ranger Distress ink in Antique Linen and Peeled Paint; Dies-Spellbinders Grand Ovals and Grand Scalloped Ovals, Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Classic Window Template; Other-  Ribbon "Certainly Celery" from SU!, Atyou Spica clear glitter pen, Singer Sewing machine, and these Copic Colors:  BV000, BV02, BV04, BV08, BV20, BV34, Y04, Y08, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18, Y26, E35, W0, W2, W5, C1, YG 00, YG11, YG13, YG17,  E71, E77, E84, and E87.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my Katie, this is absolutely beautiful! Your colouring is perfection, love your layout and the sponging of the soft green, it gives this a warm feeling to the card. All of the bloom brigade have outdone themselves with gorgeous samples - they are all stunning! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Katie, be still my heart is right! What a gorgeous card and beautiful image! I absolutely love everything about it, including the soft and beautiful DP you've used with the yummy ribbon! Another stunning card, sweet friend! I've over winter already! Hehe! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I love the paper you chose. That pale green is so perfect with this bouquet. Beautifully coloured and I love that gorgeous satin bow! You always do things just right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you placed the image in the curve of the oval, and the paper is such a pretty frame for your arrangement. The black mat really makes it pop, and I just {heart} all the green. You always do it up just right, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Darling idea having the flowers along the side view, the yellow crocus makes me smile. The black matting I agree with Leslie make this pop. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katie girl, you are SOOO in your element with these floral stamps. This design is exquisite. You just taught me a way to use those papers that have frame elements and a new way to add a bow. The cool colors are so soothing. Gorgeousness my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty, I love the vintage feel that the papers give to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So loving that soft, Spring green you used Katie! I can see what that pretty paper would inspire your card! You did it justice girl! Pure gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete