Friday, November 14, 2014

Ho Ho HO!












Hi there friends and Happy Friday!  Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend?  There will be lots of cleaning and unpacking going on around here this weekend.....we have just finished up some renovations around here and are finally moving back in!  Whew...what an adventure that has been!  Anyways....it's Friday and you know what that means....another Power Poppy Peep of the Week Challenge!


Are you up for a little challenge?  Why don't you c'mon and play along with us this week?  For my card, I decided to use one of the adorable sets from the Happiest Holiday Collection, Bottlebrush Holiday.  I used the "HO" stamp and also the sentiment stamp "Sending Holiday Cheer" from the set.....but, I only used a small portion of the sentiment stamp (two letters to be exact...lol).  I wanted a Ho Ho Ho card but I wanted the card size to stay on the small side so I used the "H-O" letters from the word "Holiday".  What do you think?  




As you can see, I am trying out the CAS style again....channeling my inner Stacy Morgan, because I am still convinced one day CAS will become easier for me.....but not yet.  That girl does CAS style like nobody's business!  Oh well, there's always next time.  I added a little stitching "sampler" detail across the bottom of my image panel because it looked a little bare and needed something to kind of ground it.  I colored the main "HO" with copics and added a little sparkle with my Atyou Spica Clear glitter pen and added a little shine to the berries with some Ranger Glossy Accents.  A button in the center of the wreath adds a little something unexpected.  The rest of the card a few very simple layers and a bit of stitching.  



I just love that sweet little wreath!  Ok, so that is all for my little CAnsS card....(Clean and NOT so Simple) card.  I wonder if that sweet Stacy could give me a few lessons....lol.  Make sure you check out all of the gorgeousness from my Bloom Brigade sisters and leave a little love along the way.  Then.....get cracking on your own Power Poppy masterpiece and link it up on the Power Poppy blog!  Maybe YOU will be the next Power Poppy Peep of the Week!  :)  Hope you have a great weekend and until next time....take care!

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence 
Dawn Burnworth 
Julie Koerber  
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller  
Tosha Leyendekker

~Katie

Supplies:  Images from Power Poppy's "Bottlebrush Holiday" stamp set; Ink:  Memento's Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks; Paper:  SU! Naturals White card stock, red card stock from scrap, patterned papers from lilybeedesigns; Other:  Die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A, button, string, ribbon, Atyou Spica Clear glitter pen and these Copic colors-  R22, R24, R29, YG 61, YG63, YG67.

11 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard at your "channeling your inner Stacy Morgan" comment! I know Stace will get an incredible kick out of that. Well, lady, I think you pulled off the CAS design in a truly Katie Sims way -- it's charming, love the addition of the stitching and the addition of the fabulous little button is darling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your renos Katie! And such a cute design. Stacy would be proud :). The stitching is an awesome addition too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Loved that little button in the center of the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. Love the new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also laughing!! You are so cute. I feel like I can hear your sweet lil Southern accent liltin' away as I read this post. CAnsS -- hilarious!! But what a PERFECT CARD!! Maybe CAnsS is the new CAS. It's really a great balance... button inside the wreath is an adorable addition. And the STITCHING!!! And the little red berries - so plump and perky!! OK, here is the line from your post that is the telltale sign that you may not ever cross to the simple side: "because it looked a little bare and needed something". hehehe!!! :) It's all darling - love the punchy colors on top of everything else! Thank you, Katie!! Good luck unpacking my dear!! Feather that love nest! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've been watching Stacey pretty closely cause this is CAS perfection my friend. Love all the stitching and that perfect bow. I soooo need to catch up with you. I'm such a bad bad friend. :-( Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're always so clever in your designs, whether simple or complex. LOVE the Ho Ho HO and your rows of stitching. I think you've done Stacy proud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep! Ya did it!! You stepped out of your box and NAILED it!! *sigh*...is there anything you can't do? What a gorgeous "CAS"...(I say that lightly because you just had to add the stitching...lol) card!! LOVE your sweet little Katie additions. From the little button, to the glossy berries and decorative stitching!! A real beauty my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Katie, I agree! You've certainly channeled Stacy beautifully! CAS is very hard for me too...ha! But I totally love it, and I love the colors and great DP! And the ribbon and stitching are perfect finishing touches, my friend! Warm hugs around the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie you crack me up! Your CAS is perfect. The stitching adds such a great touch as does your button center. I think you do CAS rather well my dear, keep it up. See how easy it is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Katie! I had to giggle doll! I think you channeled your inner Stacy quite well!!! I love your "CANNS" card - it's adorable! Keep up the great work on your CAS style. I still love your own style though... happy channeling!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete