Friday, July 14, 2017

It's Another Power Poppy Friday!


















Happy Friday to you and welcome!  I hope your day is going well.  Got anything special planned for the weekend?  I am looking forward to some quiet (and hopefully crafty) time at home.  :)  I have a card to share with you that was inspired by that darling Julie Koerber's latest Hues to Use challenge over on the Power Poppy blog.  You can see all of the details here!  :)





Aren't those blues a lovely combination?  There are so many possibilities!  For my card, I chose to use the Sweet Memories stamp set for my image and the sentiment is from the Burst of Kindness set.  





I started by stamping my image with Memento's Tuxedo black ink on a piece of cream card stock trimmed slightly larger than the navy frame that it would be layered underneath.  After coloring it up with Copics and adding some shimmer with my Wink of Stella clear brush pen, I used my Krylon 18KT gold leafing to give the edges a nice finish.

Next, I assembled my card front using a couple of different patterned papers, a strip of navy paper at the top and a bit of punched trim at the bottom.  After stitching it all together, I adhered it to a navy card base.  This card measures 3 5/8" x 5 5/8".  *If you've ever wondered why my cards sometimes have some pretty strange measurements, it's because many times I use a layering die for one of my panel cuts and then I either build the card out or in based on what size I used.  In this case, I used a rectangle die for the largest patterned paper cut and then trimmed the other patterned paper to fit inside it. 






For my sentiment, I stamped it on to a banner die cut using Stampin' Up!'s Night of Navy ink.  *I will add here that I used Papertrey Ink's Chamomile and Chai inks to distress the edges of my panels before I put everything together.  

Isn't that delicate swirling stem detail simply precious?  Marcella really did a beautiful job capturing that Sweet Pea's dainty personality, don't you think?  :)  






So that is all for my card today, but some of my Bloomie sisters have some beautiful cards to share with you for your crafty inspiration.  Make sure you leave them a little blog love while you are there and then I hope you will pop back in soon for another visit.  Have a great weekend and until next time, take care!  :)

Christine Okken      
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker

~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Paper-Classic Ivory from Flourishes, Blueberry Sky card stock from Papertrey Ink, Night of Navy card stock from Stampin' Up!, patterned papers from Anna Griffin's "Madison" 6x6 paper pad; Other-dotted scallop ribbon border punch from Stampin' Up!, rectangle die from Spellbinder's 5x7 Matting Basics B set, banner die from PTI, Stitched Rectangle Frames die from My Favorite Things and these Copic colors:  B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, E40, E42, E44, E47, W00, W0, W1, and W3.

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous combination of blues! I don't use much navy, but it sure looks pretty here. You always bring it with your coloring and designs, Katie. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Katie! Love everything about this - your fabulous colouring, layout and your eye for details! Amazing indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Katie girl.From your coloring to that wonderful layout, every inch is perfection. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Katie, this is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love all the blues and the beautiful DP, and your layout is amazing! I always love the finished way you complete a card with such a professional "store-bought" look (but I mean high-end store-bought...hehe!). I love your sweet peas and the beautiful colors you've used. This is stunning, sweet Katie, and I absolutely am swooning over it! Wowzer!! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous Katie, beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete