Friday, July 21, 2017

Happy Power Poppy Friday~July 21st!













Hello, hello, helloooo!  I hope this lovely Friday finds you well!  Things are going well here.  I don't know if you noticed the new little blog banner to the right here announcing Power Poppy's new stamp release next week....but it is there!  How adorable is that teeny little snippet of all the wonderful new Marcella goodness to come?!  Just you wait.....I don't know how she does it, but she does!  Until then, can I share a little card I made for today's Friday inspiration with you?  :)

This card features the sweet stamp set Potted Primroses.  











For this card, I stamped my image using Memento's Tuxedo Black ink on to some white card stock.  Next I colored my image in with Copics and then die cut it out.  After adding a little distress ink, some shimmer with my Wink of Stella clear brush pen and a few dots of white with a glaze pen I set it aside to assemble my card base.  The card base itself is a die cut but the next white layer is actually the negative from another die cut I used on a different card.  I thought it went well here so I used it!  The blue layer I just trimmed to fit under my image panel.  I used some foam dimensionals to pop up one of the layers and also one of the primroses for a little extra dimension.  This card measures just shy of 4" square.

*Ok, true confession time here....that popped up bloom was the first one I colored and I didn't care for how it turned out, so instead of ditching the entire panel, I just re-stamped, fussy cut, and recolored that bloom.  Sometimes the mistakes really make for a great opportunity to improve the design, don't you think?  ;)
















Now that is quite a cheery hello!  Marcella really captured this darling bloom's detail beautifully.  She makes me happy just looking at her.  :)

So that is all for my card today, but some of my Bloomie sisters have some pretties for you to see for your Friday inspiration so make sure you check them out and leave a little blog love while you are there.  OH, and if you haven't checked out the new challenges on the Power Poppy blog, you really should!  Allison Cope has a dandy new July Power & Spark Challenge and Julie Koerber's new weekly Hues to Use Challenge features the first guest designer, Lisa Johansen!  Then, please won't you stop back by next week for the new stamp release festivities?  I sure will be looking forward to your next visit and until then, take care!


Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 

~Katie

Supplies used not listed above:  Paper-Rustic White and Hawaiian Shores card stocks from Papertrey Ink; Ink-Chai and Chamomile distress inks from Papertrey Ink; Other-Spellbinders' Postage Stamps die set, My Favorite Things' Stitched Squares die set, and these Copic colors-BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG02, BV00, BV11, BV13, BV17, RV000, RV10, RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29, RV69, YG00, YG05, YG09, YG21, YG61, YG63, YG67, Y08, and G29.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, this is lovely! Beautiful design, love the smaller size card, nice for a little note to someone. It is sure to brighten up someone's day! Your colouring is so spot on, great colour choice as well as the background. Thanks for sharing, your always an inspiration. Can't wait for the sneak peaks to begin next week - love the little teaser on your side bar. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, sweet Katie, I LOVE it! This is so darling, and your coloring is vibrant and so beautiful! I love the colors and really love the shape with the postage stamp die! Stunning card! And, yes, most times our "oopsies" turn out far better...I love that little popped primrose! So excited to see sneak peeks of the new release next week. Sounds like you are all going to be busy!! Woohoo! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that first bloom wasn't bad at all. LOL It was colored by you wasn't it. :-) This is sweet and lovely in it's little small shape. It's a "cheery" card for sure. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the beauty of stamping and the little hidden tricks for mistakes or in this case didn't like the way it looked. ;-) I think it looks great popped up and wouldn't of mentioned anything.ha! The scalloped layer is awesome touch Katie. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, your card is so sweet and adorable!! Admittedly, I have this set and had not seen the mini card potential of the smaller primrose bloom, but I love it! Especially in those hues and the background shading...sure to brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is always AMAZING, Katie! I marvel over this. WOW! Love these sweet blooms on your itty bitty card. Who needs a big card? Soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete