Friday, June 23, 2017

Happy Power Poppy Friday!













Hello there and a very happy Friday to you!  I hope things are going well in your little corner of the world.  Have you got anything crafty planned for the weekend?  How about getting in on Tuesday's Power Poppy Challenge Hues to Use?  Read all about the details including how you can win a chance to guest design!  Yep, guest design!  Make sure you check it out!  :)  I just had to play along for today's post...you'll see why in a sec....;)














Now let me just say that any color combination with red, black, and white is definitely going to get my attention.  After all, those are the colors of my beloved Georgia Bulldogs!  And in just a matter of a couple of months, I will be spending my Saturdays watching them play.....oh, how I love game days!  Go DAWGS!!  

Ok, so getting back to cards here....I chose to use the Poppies set for my red, black, and white color combination.  





I stamped my image twice so I could fussy cut a few of the blooms and the vase and paper piece it to my image panel.  I colored everything up with Copics and added some Ranger Glossy Accents to my vase.  My card is just a couple of patterned papers and a black card stock base.  This card measures 4 1/8" square.





































Don't you just love this image?  That vase and those blooms are just so stunning....Marcella really packed in the detail!  Talk about some power poppies!  ;)





So that is all for my card today, but make sure you check out the lovely creations compliments of some of my Bloomie sisters....and leave a little blog love while you are there!  :)  I thank you so much for you visit today.  Here is wishing you a wonderful weekend and I hope you can stop by again soon.  Until then...take care!


Cindy Lawrence    
Julie Koerber 
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker


~Katie

Supplies used not listed above:  Paper-True Black cardstock from Papertrey Ink, Classic White cardstock from Flourishes, patterned papers from Authentique's "Classique Essentials" 6x6 paper pad; Ink-Memento's Tuxedo Black; Other-My Favorite Things' Stitched Squares die set, Papertrey Ink's Tag Sale-Quilted die set (banner), and these Copic colors-R20, R21, R22, R24, R27, R29, R39, BG75, B99, C0, C1, C3, C4, C7, and C9.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, sweet Katie, what a gorgeous card! I am in love with the black and white with these poppies, and I love that you fussy cut some blooms and the vase. I actually have this set out on my table and was thinking about using the Hues to Use. You've absolutely nailed it, and I love the finished result...stunning and exquisite, as always, sweet friend! And, go DAWGS! Hehe! Have a great weekend, and keep cool! It's hot down here! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully colored and designed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The background papers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love it that you're not stuck in the 4.25" x 5.5" standard card measurements. You do what feels and looks right and it's always perfect. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poppies look gorgeous Katie! Your flower centers have such great definition with your black colouring. That vase look so real and elegant too. Beautifully done lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful choices for these colors, Katie! Artfully designed and WOW coloring. Cute little size, just perfect for the image. Love the smokey pointillism and glossy vase. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete