Friday, June 9, 2017

Happy Power Poppy Friday!
















Hello there and a very happy Friday to you!  I have a super quick post to share with you today featuring Power Poppy's new for June Power & Spark challenge.  This month's hostess is the amazingly talented and super sweet Julie Koerber!  You can read all of the details here.





Is that not the cutest challenge idea?  :)  So for my card, I ended up using three different stamp sets...Dynamic Duos: Glads and Gerberas, Nice Things to Say, and for my little bee image, Burst of Kindness.




I started by stamping my gerbera image, die cutting my rectangle and coloring it in with Copics.  Next I stamped my sentiment, sponged on some distress inks and tied a bit of string around the panel.  I also added some shimmer with my Wink of Stella clear brush pen.

Next, I trimmed some card stock and patterned papers, did some stitching, added some sponged distress inks and assembled all to my card base.  This card measures 3 1/2" x 5" .  Lastly, I added my image panel with some foam dimensionals.






I just love this image!!  It is such fun to color....that Marcella really knows her way around a bloom, doesn't she?  :)  Here's one last view....



So that is all for my card today, but some of my Bloomie sisters have created some beauties for your Friday inspiration.  Make sure you check them out and leave a little blog love while you are there.  Thank you so very much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Until next time, take care!  :)


Cindy Lawrence    
Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker


~Katie



Supplies not listed above:  Paper-pink and white card stocks from PTI, patterned papers from Carta Bella's "Home Sweet Home" 6x6 paper pad; Ink-Memento's Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Ink in Iced Spruce, PTI's Chai and Chamomile inks; Other:  Spellbinders's A2 Matting Basics B die set, string from SU!, and these Copic colors- BG72, BG90, BG93, BG96, BG99, R30, R32, R35, R37, R59, RV10, RV11, RV14, RV17, Y13, Y19, YG01, E000, E00, E41, E43, E44, BV01, and W1.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. . .and what bee wouldn't want to sip from these flowers?
    They are lovely. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired every time I visit here, Katie! Colors, papers, card design, your fantastic coloring! Love how you used the BGs on the stems to tie in with the paper. It's the little things, sigh... Have a fabulous time with all the Bloomies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Katie, I LOVE this card (well, I love all your cards...hehe!). But this is another beauty, and I love how it all ties together so beautifully. What beautiful DP and wonderful stitching, and I love your rich coloring! Stunning as always, sweet friend! Now I KNOW you are all having a blast...woohoo! Wonder what you are all up to now!? Whatever it is, it's just so much fun for you all, and I am thrilled! Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie this is so sweet! I like the papers you used, the stitching is always perfect touch. You got it all girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Katie girl. Love the nostalgic feel of it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete