Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Power Poppy Friday!















Hi there and Happy Good Friday to you!  I can hardly believe that this weekend is Easter!  Spring is definitely making its presence known around here.....the dogwoods and azaleas in our yard are in full bud..it won't be long now!  For my project this week, I pulled out one of Marcella's new digital images Spring Meadow.....this beauty is the poster image of Spring time, don't you think?  :)  I decided to enlarge the image so I could make some really pretty tags.  I had recently purchased a gift and the store wrapped it in the prettiest gift bag and raffia....all it needed was the perfect tag, and what is more perfect that a Marcella floral?  I'll let you be the judge....





Yes, the bag is pretty....but just take a look at Marcella's lovely handiwork as a tag....I think it really makes it!  I went ahead and did a set of three because tags are so much fun and this image was even more fun to color!  :)



I colored all three tags with Copic markers and added shimmer with my Wink of Stella Clear Brush pen.  I also added a dash of Copic opaque white to get back a few of my highlights after I sponged the tags with Ranger's Distress Ink in Stormy Sky.





I used sentiments from Power Poppy's Bloomin' Wonderful, Planning for Magnolias, and Springtime Love stamp sets.  The ribbons and tag die are from Papertrey Ink.  The buttons are from Stampin' Up!  So that is all for my post today, but make sure you check out what my amazingly talented Bloomie sisters have created for your inspiration and leave a little blog love while your there!  I am so glad you were able to stop by for a visit today.  I hope you have a wonderful Easter and until next time, take care!  

Cindy Lawrence     
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller  
Tosha Leyendekker

~Katie

Copic colors used:  RV21, RV25, RV29, RV52, RV55, RV66, G28, G40, G43, G46, YG11, YG13, YG17, Y08, Y17, E39, B91, B95, B97, V20, V22, V25, V28, BV17, C1, C2, and C4.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, Katie, what a gorgeous gift bag using Miss Marcy's amazing digi! I LOVE it, and what a beautiful idea to make these tags! It really does dress up this bag so much - it really needed these tags, and I can see that the bag is much happier - hehe! I love the way you've colored the tags using some hint shadowing and adding the beautiful buttons and ribbons! My, girl, what gorgeous gift bag that makes the gift presentation so much more beautiful! Ah, creative genius, I'd say! Hugs, sweet friend, and have a blessed Easter and Resurrection Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, your creations are wonderful!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what beautiful work! These tags are so very pretty, a lovely addition to the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Katie, your tags are divine! That bag is really pretty but your tags are the shining stars. Beautifully done GF. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag is pretty and those tags are SO pretty, I love how you used parts, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those tags, very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leave it to you to make tags awesome that you would forget the gift inside. hee hee These are fabulous!!!! I like the partial image and your coloring rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These tags are beautiful!! Perfect for your gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These tags are beautiful!! Perfect for your gift!!

    ReplyDelete