Friday, March 11, 2016

Happy Power Poppy Friday!














Hi there and a Happy Friday to you!  For this Power Poppy Friday post I used the darling little planner image from the  Planning for Magnolias stamp set.  I decided to keep the coloring very basic here and used a pink, white, black/gray color palette.





If you can believe it, not a single die was used on this card.  I stamped my image in the bottom right corner of my white card stock card panel using Memento's Tuxedo black ink and colored it with Copics.  Next, I stitched a strip of pink patterned paper to the left edge, punched some holes and added eyelets to mimic a page from a planner.  It had been ages since I had busted out the ol' Crop-o-dile!  :)  To finish the card off, I used a 3/8" corner rounder on the top right corner and stamped my sentiment from the same stamp set in Versafine's Onyx Black ink.  The finished card size is 4" x 5 1/2".  I did added a little shimmer and shine with my Wink of Stella Clear brush pen and some Ranger Glossy Accents to parts of the image.  Oh...you wanna know what happens when you decide to sand the edges of your card after stitching it?  Well, just take a lookie at the stitching on the edges of my card.  Yeah, obviously I didn't really think that through very well, but....I have decided it looks worn, like a planner, so I'm going with it.  Moving on.... :)  If you want to see a true testimony to the powers of the Copic Colorless Blender then take a look at the close up....





Right above the magnolia bloom you may notice the planner page looks a little dingy and the outside of the planner is a little dark.  While I was adding just a dab of C8, it blobbed on me and left a pea size black splotch on my card.  Trust me, you could've heard a pin drop.....I know we've all got our Copic horror stories but I have to say, the Colorless blender did not let me down.  It took several passes and in between each I allowed time to dry.  I decided to stop with what you see above and count my blessings that I could still use the card!  Whew!  So that is all for my card today, but several of my incredibly talented Bloomie sisters have done their crafty magic on some inspiration cards for you....make sure you leave them a little blog love while you are there!  Also, make sure you check out the newest Power & Spark Challenge hosted by the ever so sweet and CAS Queen Stacy Morgan....it's a goodie!  :)  Thanks so much for stopping by for a bit and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.....and for many of my fellow USA friends....happy "Springing Forward" this weekend for our time change. :)  Until next time, take care!


Cindy Lawrence     
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker

~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Paper- PTI's white card stock, .Echo Park's 6x6 "Creative Agenda" paper pad; Copic colors used- C0, C2, C4, C8, R81, R83, R85, and R89.  Also used some Copic Opaque White for center of magnolia bloom.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Katie, yes, we've all had the whoopsies in our coloring time, but I'm so glad you "saved" this one! I love it! This sweet little planner is darling, and I love the colors you've used and the sweet layout to mimic an actual planner! And the eyelets is genius! Sweetness, my friend (like you)! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You persevered through your trials and finished up with a super cute card, Katie! Love the eyelets. Gosh, I have sooooo many of those! Great use of them here. Love this little darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Katie, I like the pink piece of dp to go with the image and that you just used the pink black and white ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest design idea! Might have to steal it Katie girl. I have tons of eyelets that need to be used. I know exactly what those blob moments feel like. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to rescue any of mine. :-( Hope all is well with you my dear friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete