Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday #262








Hi there everybody and welcome to another Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!  This week, our hostess is the wonderfully talented Deborah and the theme is "It's a Wash".

Timeless-Tuesday-New-Logo

 Love this adorable play on words!  We are supposed to use Washi tape somewhere on our projects.  You can read all of the details here.


I must admit, I am not a big Washi tape user....in fact, I had to go buy some for this challenge!  I actually bought a few rolls.  I started with one and then I changed my entire game plan midstream when I saw some other tapes on a recent trip to our local craft store. (Quit laughing, Jenny!) It's not that I don't like Washi...in fact, I have seen some adorable things done with it....it's just I can never think of what to do with it once it gets in my hands!  When I saw this really graphic black and white striped tape, it reminded me of some of the papers from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two "Sunshine" 6 x 6 paper pad...which incidentally, I just happened to still have some of those papers squirreled away and then that started me thinking about those adorable vintage phones in the Call Me stamp set.  Strangely enough, this is how most of my cards come to be....I guess we all have our own little process we go through when we create.  


As I was mulling this over in my head, I thought about making the image panel resemble a rotary phone dial and that is when I remembered having these cute little epoxy number stickers from K & Company....they actually came over on the Mayflower.  Ok, well maybe I haven't had them that long, but it's been quite a while...back when I first started to scrapbook which I haven't done in several years.  I used a Spellbinders Classic Circle die to cut out two circles out of Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock...I punched a series of holes in the first one, then stamped my image.  Then I joined the two circles together and placed my number stickers in the holes and miracle of miracles, they were a perfect fit!  Then I stamped my image again and fussy cut the phone out.  I colored everything in with my Copics then I adhered everything on the image panel together matting it with a Spellbinder's Scallop circle die cut from black card stock.  I did a little stitching on the side panel, distressed all of my layers with Ranger Distress ink in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo, assembled my layers and then added that striped bit of Washi tape.  I did score a little border on the top before I stamped my sentiment to finish off the top edges, added my ribbon, adhered the phone dial panel with foam dimensionals and I was done!


Is that phone image not the cutest thing, ever?  I mean, seriously...  Oh, I did add a little sparkle to dial of the phone image using my Atyou Spica clear glitter pen and some Ranger Glossy Accents for the tea in the mug to make it look like liquid.  The photos don't show that detail but it is there.  So.....are you ready to go pull out your Washi tape and make your own creation?  Well, before you do make sure you check out what my team mates have put together for you.  I  know you will get some serious inspiration from them...then, get to making your own creation and play along with us!  I am so glad you could stop by and I'll be looking for your creations this week!  Take care and I hope you have a great week!  Until next time....
~Katie 

Supplies:
Stamps:  Call Me
Paper:  Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock; black card stock; My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two "Sunshine" 6x6 paper pad
Ink:  Memento-Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo; Cream craft ink
Other:  Spellbinder's Classic Circle Large, Classic Scallop Circle Large Nestabilities; Stampin' Up! 1/2" circle punch, foam dimensionals and Very Vanilla Grosgrain ribbon; Ranger Glossy Accents; Atyou Spica Clear Glitter pen; Life's Journey Domed Typewriter Keys Black stickers-K & Company; Washi Tape

9 comments:

  1. Love this card, Katie. Ingenious use of the number circles! It seems there are a few of us who don't know what to do with washi tape, but you ladies have shown us how "simple" it can be. Thanks for the inspiration. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love your card! You are too funny, but I think I have some of the Mayflower stuff too. Thanks for the great example of this set and the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny Katie! I just love your thought process - I'm always changing my mind at the last minute as I locate new and interesting things in my stash. Love the idea of the rotary photo dial pad and your layers and colours are wonderful! Another fabulous card creation this week.

    Know I'm thinking about you and not to worry about anything... and I mean that! Seriously!!! Sending big hugs your way today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!!! Katie, it's NICE TO KNOW, SOMEONE ELSE creates like me!!!! Sometimes, I'm ALL OVER THE PLACE....!!! TOOO FUNNY!!!:p I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE WHAT YOU'VE DONE with this!!!! I don't exactly know WHAT to do with Washi Tape either! LOL I HAVE SOME, but it sits waiting to be loved! IT IS A CHALLENGE!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie this is totally cute. How fun, great numbers for the phone. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, I LOVE this! I'm tellin' ya your coloring is just out of this world!! Your card designs are creative and always so, so beautiful. I adore the dimension on the phone buttons! This is just the cutest card. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. One ringy dingy, two dingy dingy....oh gosh did I just date myself terribly. :-) Just love the layout of this card Katie girl, but what's new. You are a design master extraordinaire. The number stickers are so much fun. You rock! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get out! That is so darn cute, Katie! Pure genius! Good to keep that old stuff on hand, huh? You just never know. I do not have a single roll of Washi tape. I suppose it would be quick and easy. I'll probably get some long about the time it goes out of style. Keeping you in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation Katie!! You did great with this challenge and perfect washi for this design! Love the phone dial and makes me laugh thinking about the days when we actually used it!! :)

    ReplyDelete