Monday, October 23, 2017

Power Poppy's Happiest Holiday 2017 Stamp Release~Day 8!













Hello there and welcome!  I hope you have been enjoying Power Poppy's Happiest Holiday 2017 stamp release thus far!  Haven't Marcella's images been incredible?  Well, hang on because today's set is really going to make your head spin....just take a look at this lovely arrangement inspired by Marcella's very own wedding bouquet, Winter Wonderland!




Now, how about that stunning bouquet?!  I'd say she saved the best for last, but honestly.....I think ALL of the sets are incredible, don't you?  :)  So for my card, I started by coloring this beauty up with  Copics then die cut the image out.  I kept the card design very simple so the bouquet and the beautiful scripty sentiment could really shine.  Speaking of the sentiment, it is on a strip of vellum to add a bit of a frosty texture for this wintry floral image.  My card base is from the same die set.  I decided to make the background really dark to pop the blooms out...so I swallowed hard and pulled out the  Copic N's and a bit of BV.  I will list all of the Copic colors below.  :)
































This really is one of the most striking bouquets I have seen Marcella create.  As always, her attention to every teeny tiny detail makes coloring this up a pure dream!  Thank you, thank you, thank you....dear Marcella!  :)






























One last look at this lovely image....I'll bet you are already writing this stamp set down on your wish list, right?  Well, that is all for my card today, but some of my Bloomie sisters have some pretty amazing creations to inspire you and entice you....lol!  Make sure you leave them a little blog love while you are there and also check out Marcella's post on the Power Poppy blog for details on today's stamp set.  I thank you for stopping by today, and I hope you can pop back in tomorrow for the Power Poppy blog hop showcasing the new images once more.....AND the really exciting part....all of the stamps will be available in the Power Poppy store!  Yay!  Until then, take care!  :)

Christine Okken     
Julie Koerber 
Katie Sims <------You are here 

~Katie

Dies set used:  Papertrey Ink's Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical die set; Copics used:  C0, C3, C5, C7, N1, N2, N3, N5, N7, N9, BG90, BG93, BG96, BG99, YG0000, YG21, BV000, BV00, BV04, BV08, BV17, RV000, RV00, RV17, RV52, RV55, RV66, and RV69.

14 comments:

  1. Katie...this is gorgeous. I love how everything is muted but there is enough of a hit of colour in the poinsettia to make a statement. Utterly beautiful. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely incredible Ms. Katie! The background you created is stunning and makes those gorgeously colored blossoms just pop! A true stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Katie! This is so elegant and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thud....this is crazy beautiful Katie! That background makes everything sing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love how you made the poinsettia the star of the show! Such an elegant card - the vellum sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Katie, wow! This is absolutely GORGEOUS, and I love the amazing depth you've achieved in this fabulous card! The poinsettia really pops, and I love how the other flowers are so beautiful too...I LOVE it and how you've used the "fade-out" around the image! Stunningly done, sweet friend! And I love this card shape! Magnificent!! Hope to see what you have tomorrow!!! Oooh! Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I was impressed with what all of the bloomies have done with this stamp set. But when I saw your color combo and the beautiful design, I am so excited to be able to purchase this tomorrow. I only hope that I can create something as stunning as this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your card took my breath away! I just love how the poinsettia really pops against the dark background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you get your concepts from!?! This is exquisite from top to bottom. The color palette is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap.... Katie this is so rich and gorgeous! The shades of gray and black are amazing. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just swooned over this one Katie! Got the stamp set and all of the copics. Now on to creating. Love this.

    ReplyDelete