Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Power Poppy's February Stamp Release-Day 1














Hello there and how are you?  I am so glad to see you here!  Today is the beginning of Power Poppy's February stamp release and just wait til you see all that Marcella has in store for you this week!  Oh, the beautiful images you will see.   Speaking of beautiful images...before we get started here for today's release, did you happen to catch the new digi image Flowers, Always that the incredibly talented Instant Gardeners showcased?   If not, you really must take a look....here is the link!  :)  Alrighty, well now it's time to introduce you to the first of Marcella's five.....yes, FIVE new stamp sets for February......say hello to Planning for Magnolias....





Hello beautiful, am I right?  Just wait til you see all of the images in this sweet set and it has some pretty amazing sentiments too!  :)  For today's card, I chose to use the darling garden planner that Marcella so lovingly illustrated.  Lemme show you.....




Is that not the most darling little planner evah?  Yep, I thought so too.  Wouldn't you love to just rummage through all the little pockets full of clippings, to do notes, washi tapes, and all of the other precious extras here?  The gorgeous magnolia clipping is the icing on the cake!  I started by stamping this image in Memento's Tuxedo Black ink on to Papertrey Ink's Rustic White card stock and coloring it up with Copics.  I will list the boat load of markers I used at the end of this post.  I coordinated my colors with the colors of my patterned papers from Echo Park's "The Story of Our Family" 6x6 paper pad.  I die cut my squares using dies from Spellbinders and My Favorite Things.  After fussy cutting my colored image, I added some sparkle with an Atyou Spica Clear glitter pen and a Wink of Stella clear brush pen and some shine with Ranger's Glossy Accents.  While everything was drying, I assembled and stitched my layers, stamped my sentiment with Stampin' Up!'s Midnight Muse ink, adhered a button and then adhered my image.  





Gah, this image is so sweet I can hardly stand it!!!  What fun it was to color up too!  :)  Now I want to start my own little garden planner/journal.  Let me just add that to my list of "to do's"...;)  I'll bet we all have a "list", don't we?  

So, that is all for my card today, but my Bloomie sisters have some a-mazing cards created just for your inspiration.  Make sure you leave them a little blog love when you visit and then make sure you tune in tomorrow for Day 2 of Power Poppy's February release! :)  Thanks so much for stopping by today and until next time, take care.

Cindy Lawrence    
Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and Marcella Hawley

~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Dies-Spellbinders Grand Squares and My Favorite Things Stitched Squares; Other- Stampin' Up!'s Stampin' Chalk Marker in White; Copic colors- BG10, BG13, BG53, BG57, BG75, B91, B95, B97, E40, E42, E44, E50, E51, E55, E70, E74, E77, Y18, Y26, YR0000, YR30, YR31, YG61, YG67, R0000, R11, R14, R17, R20, R30, R32, R35, R37, R39, C3, and  C7.

11 comments:

  1. Ooo - Love this image!! What a sweet card, Katie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card. I love how you have coloured it up and seeing it makes me want to make my own gardening journal pretty and colourful instead of just practical. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Katie! I love that you chose to do the garden journal. I used to keep one, but it was too big, actually, and not nearly this fun and adorable. Your design is such a treat to look at. Makes me feel like going out to the garden, which I really need to do, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM I just love how your background paper gives this a journalling feel, so perfect for this stamp Katie! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, you totally ROCKED this one Katie!! Love the colours and the text paper is perfect with this image!! Love the stitching and button accent too! Another awesome Katie creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katie, what a fabulous card! I love all your details on this even that big button, it's perfect! I've never kept a garden journal, but after seeing your design, it makes me want to have one! What a fabulous stamp set, can't wait to see all the other sneak peaks! TFS Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is this, love the bright colors and the diagonal dp adds a great sense of movement to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you miss thing... I like the colors, great papers and sketch. SO charming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Miss Katie, nearly half the fun is reading your post, girl!! You are just a delight, and having heard your real voice, well, it just adds to the joy of reading. Yes, I digress! LOL! Oh my, I do love this precious garden journal filled with so much love and precious little things. And what a darling card with your gorgeous coloring, fussy cutting, adding all the stitching while the glossy accents dry, and then added that sweet button! Oh my, I love it! Sweetness in a card, just like you! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally too cute Katie! Love the colours of the card - love that you fussy cut out that planner image - wowsers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such a great job of pulling all the colors from the papers into your image. Fantastic layout design. Everything is so beautifully balanced and then you topped it off with the stitching. Awesome sauce!! LOL

    ReplyDelete