Thursday, October 30, 2014

Power Poppy's November Release Day 3










Hello there, friends and welcome back for another day of fun and festivities as we help Marcella introduce her newest additions to her Happiest Holiday Collection.  I hope you have enjoyed what you have seen so far, but there is still so much to see in the coming days....




Today's offering is the darling stamp set, Merry Littles.  These small scaled images are so versatile....you will find yourself reaching for these again and again!




For my card, I chose to use one of the adorably scripted sentiments and the Santa hat.  I also chose to try my hand again at the CAS style.....I know I have mentioned that I don't think I possess that particular gene, but I am convinced  that with practice eventually it won't take me longer to make a simple card than it does to make one of my usual cards.....lol.  Well...I think I need more practice because this "simple" card took me quite a while!  ;)





I stamped my Santa hat with Memento's Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copics and fussy cut it out.  Next, I made my white card stock panel, scored a channel down the left side to fit a piece of gingham paper in, and stitched it up.  Next, I stamped my sentiment, colored it with a few more Copics, and added my Santa hat with some foam dimensionals.  Then, I added my green bow and adhered the assembled panel to a green card stock base....and that is it.  Why it took me as long as it did is still a mystery.  Sigh.





Don't you just love that long, tall Santa hat?  I did add some sparkle to the hat with my Wink of Stella Clear glitter pen and that is all for my clean and not-so-simple Christmas card.  I am so glad you could stop by today!  Make sure you check out all of the awesomeness from my Bloom Brigade sisters...and believe me, I have already seen some of their handiwork...prepare to be amazed.  :)  Make sure to leave them a little blog love while your there and then make sure to check out tomorrow's release on the Power Poppy Blog....another beauty!  I will be joining everyone back on Saturday for the Blog Hop so I will see you then!  Until then, take care....

Christine Okken    
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and .....
Marcella Hawley

Supplies:  Image and sentiment from Power Poppy's Merry Littles stamp set; Ink:  Memento's Tuxedo Black, Copics; Paper:  SU!'s Naturals White and Lucky Limeade card stocks, Flourishes' Classic White card stock, gingham paper from lilybeedesigns "Double Dutch" 6x6 paper pad; Other:  Martha Stewart Score board, foam dimensionals, Wink of Stella Clear glitter pen, green grosgrain ribbon.

7 comments:

  1. Well isn't this darling???? Love that boldly colored Santa hat with your sweet, clean and classy design! Love the bow and that fabulous stitching -- just gives it that extra "somethin' something'!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly... it's super jolly! This would be the perfect assembly line card for the holidays!
    Lovin' that gingham girl! Adorable card Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SQUEE!!! How CUTE is this?!!! Awesome colouring and a sweet design that is just perfect for mass producing and mailing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! That hat is soo cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the cutest thing, Katie! Honestly, it's perfection! The gingham and perfectly matched ribbon with the zig zag stitching up the sides are just so darling with the shimmery Santa hat. I understand completely about how the simpler cards are so difficult because they never feel quite done. To my eyes you nailed it. I'm still trying...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie this is totally cute! I do like the shimmer to the hat and the clean design. Just darling! And for the record... You do CAS just fine girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well GF quality like this takes a bit of time. :-) For some reason that hat makes me think of the Grinch. LOL I'm having an awfully strong feeling that something from this release will be coming to live with me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete