Thursday, May 1, 2014

Power Poppy's May Release Blog Hop



Hi there!  I am so glad to see you!  Today is the day that all of the Bloom Brigade give you another look at this month's release.....the Power Poppy Hop!  So pull up a chair and get comfy...


 
Can you believe all of the floral gorgeousness in this month's release?  I mean, seriously.....four days of perfectly drawn, beautifully detailed, amazing Marcella botanicals.....does it get any better than that?  Here's a little recap of the images from this release...



And Marcella made them available for a limited time as digital images so you didn't have to wait....you could own them the same day!  Really, how awesome is that?!  So today, I chose to use the Gerbera Daisy image again but I paired it with the sentiment from the Gladioli image set.  Those daisies are just so fun to color!



I decided to keep this card layout really simple, clean, and bright.....you know....fresh as a daisy!  :)   I used a blue and yellow color palette but I just had to add a pop of pink with one of the daisies.  My image was printed on the computer, colored with copics and then die cut with a Spellbinders die.  Then I printed the sentiment, die cut it with another Spellbinders die, sponged on some Ranger Distress ink in Antique Linen, layered it with a little blue card stock and added a couple of eyelets.  I used a blue card stock base panel, added my blue printed paper and stitched the borders on the sewing machine.  Then, I added the yellow gingham paper and added a little more stitching.  Next, I added my panel of Gerbera Daisies with some foam dimensionals and finally my sentiment using a little bit of yellow ribbon.  I adhered the entire assembled panel to a white card stock card base and for the final touch, added a sweet little button.  The finished card size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".


You can't really see it in the photos but I went back and added a little sparkle in the centers of the daisies with my Atyou Spica clear glitter pen....so just pretend, k?   They are shimmery, I promise!  ;)  So are you feeling the "fresh as a daisy" vibe?  And just like the sentiment...I am wishing you a wonderful day too!  I hope you have gotten some inspiration here, but you simply must check out what the rest of the Bloom Brigade has in store for you!  There'll be more blooms on display at this hop than at the Rose Bowl Parade!  :)  So go enjoy and then, if you haven't already, go grab your own images in the Power Poppy Store.....remember, these are only around for a limited time so grab 'em while you can!  I am so glad you stopped by today and I'll be back soon with another Power Poppy image to share.  Until then, take care!

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence 
Danielle Kennedy 
Dawn Burnworth  
Dina Kowal <------Look who's back to hop with us again!  :)
Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker 

~Katie

Supplies:  Images-Gerbera Daisies and sentiment from Gladioli digital sets from Power Poppy; Dies-Spellbinders' Labels Twenty Eight and A2 Matting Basics A sets; Ink-Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen, Stampin' Up! ink in Whisper White; Paper-Blue card stock, patterned papers from My Mind's Eye "Follow Your Heart-Be Amazing" 6x6 paper pad; Other-button, eyelets, ribbon, string and these Copic colors:  E40, E42, C2, C4, YG01, YG11, YG13, YG17, YG91, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y18, Y19, Y26, YR30, YR31, R30, R32, R35, R37, R39, E35

13 comments:

  1. Oh Katie.. it's beautiful! I love your white Gerbera too - the colouring of your blooms is exquisite! Thinking of you today! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! What a great idea to make them different colors! Your stitching is perfecto too! Did I mention that I love this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Gerbera trio... each one unique...and gingham? Girl you're killing me!! And then...you have the audacity to use turquoise and yellow together. This card, my friend, includes every sweet little combination it could!! It's absolutely charming and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Daisies...like the assorted colors. Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Katie, this is so sweet!! Love your trio of coloured gerberas and gorgeous colours and ribbon - makes this card oh so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Katie, what a beautiful trio of gerberas in such soft colors...love the white too! And I love blue and yellow...and gingham...my fave! Yes, I feel the vibe and imagine the sparkle, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well sweetpea you've done it again. This is a simple design but yet not. You make everything look like a million bucks my friend. Love your daisies. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, I could stare at this one all day -- love the trio of different gerbers -- kind of like three fun friends just "hanging out together" -- your layout is so sweet too with the gingham and that fabulous button!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the sweetest, freshest, prettiest little thing, Katie! I really go for charming little darlings like this. They just make me happy! Gorgeous, elegant cards make me sigh and swoon, cute and funny critters give me a grin from ear to ear, sweet and simple makes me feel happy and lighthearted. I love them all! By the way, I love reading every word of your posts, too. You're a pretty charming little darling, yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are stunning Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girlfriend you are the Queen of colorin' flowers - and you can grow the real thangs too! These are just so soft and lovely and your bg paper is delish. Hugs sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what gorgeous flowers Katie.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete