Friday, April 5, 2019

Happy Power Poppy Friday~April 5th!













Hello there and a very happy Friday to you!  I am so glad you could stop by today.  I have a quick post to share with you for Power Poppy's Friday inspiration.  I just had to take part in that darling Julie Koerber's current Creative Confetti Challenge over on the Power Poppy blog.  Make sure you check it out here and play along with us!  It's all about turning your art work into a grid....I think it looks like tiles, what do you think?  :)

For my card, I used the lovely spring inspired stamp set, Natural Beauties.  I started by stamping my image with Memento's Tuxedo Black ink on to white card stock and  coloring it with Copics.  Next, I die cut my image, then used my paper trimmer to cut it in to nine equal squares.  I layered some dark gray card stock with some patterned papers, stamped the sentiment and adhered everything to my die cut card base.  The finished card measures 4 1/2" square.


































Don't you just love all of these beautiful spring flowers together in one adorable image?  Marcella really packed so much detail here and as always, it is a dream to color!
































One last little close up of Marcella's Natural Beauties... :)  

So that is all for my card today, but some of my Bloomie sisters have cards to share with you, so please make sure you check them out and leave them a little blog love while you are there.  Also....make sure you check out the Creative Confetti challenge over on the Power Poppy blog and get to creating your own art grid.  Make sure you link up your project so we can all see your handiwork!  I thank you again for stopping by today and I hope you will come by again soon.  Until then, have a great weekend and take care!  


Christine Okken     
Julie Koerber  
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 

~Katie

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Katie! You’ve made it rich and earthy feeling yet full of spring with those pops of colour! Fantastic image in your hands for this grid technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Katie! A perfect way to welcome Spring. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be happy to have these beautiful tiles in my house! It could also be imagined as a paned window. Maybe a basement window, seeing as how you're looking at ground level. I so love this pretty little card, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Katie! I love the look you achieved by cutting the image into squares. Lots of great little details too like the slightly distressed look of the beautiful die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I love the squares and the wonderful layers you have. It's so rich and elegant! I love it! Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the cards you make! You need to do you tube videos show and teaching your techniques. We all could learn a lot from your talent!

    ReplyDelete