Sunday, March 12, 2017

Power Poppy's March Stamp Release~Day 3!











Hi there and welcome back for Day 3 of Power Poppy's Spring Fling stamp release!  I sure hope you have been enjoying the festivities thus far...but there is a whole bunch more for you to see.  Today is another "Two-fer" with two more glorious stamp sets being previewed today.  For my card, I chose to use the stamp set Loving Tulips...




I am betting you recognize this sweet image!  This wildly popular digital image is now available as a stamp and has some really darling and loving sentiments to go with it. :) OH, and hey....did you happen to notice that this set will have some coordinating dies available for pre order?  Uh huh...it's true!  You can see all of the details on the Power Poppy blog in this post.  I wanted to use the dotty "Hello" sentiment with the pitcher of tulips, so....




























I started by die cutting my sentiment panel out of white card stock.  After fiddling around with different angles for the sentiment, I finally opted for the upper right corner.  After a little measuring, I stamped the sentiment then trimmed my green patterned paper to fit the sentiment panel.  *I will say that I did do a little dry fit with my oval die to make sure it would fit before I trimmed my paper.*  Once all of the layout decisions had been muddled through, I stamped my sentiment on my die cut oval and again on a scrap piece of the same card stock so I could do a little paper piecing.  I colored my images with Copics and then fussy cut the pitcher with a few of the tulips and pieced it on the oval panel.  After adding a little shimmer with my Wink of Stella clear brush pen, I adhered the image to my sentiment panel.  It was then that I decided it needed "one more thing" so I added a bit of pink patterned paper to the bottom of the assembled image panel.  Lastly, I adhered everything to a white card base.  This card measures 4" x 5 1/8".
































Gotta love tulips in the Spring, right?  Actually, I am quite sure I would love them any time!  :)  Now, I am not sure if you noticed here but there is not a button or ribbon on this card anywhere.  Actually this makes the second card in a row....spooky.  ;)




























That is one sweet "hello", don't you think?  How Marcella comes up with these little details is beyond me!  This set has been loads of fun to play with, and I just know you will love it too!  :)

So that is all for my card today, but you simply must check out what my amazing Bloomie sisters have created for your inspiration.  Make sure you leave them a little blog love while you are there and then please try to stop back by tomorrow for Day 4 of Power Poppy's March stamp release.  Oh, if you haven't seen the wonderfully inspiring posts on the Power Poppy blog this week....you really should! Lots of good stuff there!  :)  Hope to see you soon....until then, take care!


Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker

~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Paper-Rustic White card stock from PTI, Green patterned paper from lilybeedesign's "Double Dutch" 6x6 paper pad, pink patterned paper from scrap; Ink-Memento's Tuxedo Black (for image) and PTI's Smokey Shadow (for sentiment); Other- Spellbinders rectangle die from A2 Matting Basics B set, My Favorite Things Cross Stitch oval die and these Copic colors: G29, YG21, YG23, YG25, YG61, YG63, YG67, YG91, RV0000, RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29, BV0000, BV01, E0000, E40, E44, C2, C4, C5, C7, C9, T2, and T4.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful card Katie! I love how you have coloured up the flowers and the pitcher. Just gorgeous. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Katie, this is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your coloring is exquisite! Your card design is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ddep rich coloring, grat design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love em'?! You bet I do!! Katie, as always your coloring is superb, AND your layouts - outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah you coloured those tulips so beautifully Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Katie! You've done it again...made a sensational card, and I LOVE these tulips. This is one of THE most gorgeous images Marcy's ever drawn (make sure you see "one" of the...hehe...so many are fab, fabulous!). Anyway, your layout is amazing and simply stunning with the dotted "hello." What a cool style that is going to be fun to play with...and with dies! Eek! Love it, sweet friend! Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though this card has lots of shapes happening, you have pulled it together perfectly.
    I really like the way you've made the vase look like a tarnished silver. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Beautiful Beautiful!! Love your lo and The tulips look wonderful. The pitcher is absolutely amazing...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous... oh these tulips are marvelous aren't they, fun sketch to show them off too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, your coloring of the vase and the tulips is so gorgeous, Katie! Love the pounded metal look of the vase. Don't know if that's what you were going for, but that's what it brings to mind. Fabulous card design with the oval highlighting the tulips, and the big "hello" in the corner. I don't even miss the buttons or ribbon. Just think how easy it will be to mail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know just how to color each and every flower Marcella draws. Love that fun and funky sentiment.

    ReplyDelete