Sunday, October 18, 2015

It's the Power Poppy October Blog Hop!




Hello there!  I'm so glad you could stop by today!  Power Poppy's October Blog Hop is today and you know what that means....all of the gorgeous stamps you have been seeing this week are now available for purchase in the Power Poppy Store!  Yay!  But before you jet outta here, let me show you what I made using the incredibly detailed Olive and Oak Expanded stamp set...k?





This glorious set is an expansion of the wildly popular Olive and Oak digital image.  We have all seen some amazingly colored samples from not only the Bloom Brigade but also our sister team the Instant Gardeners.....man did they ever show this image off to perfection!  Soooo, I thought that I might do something a little different here.  I took a page out of the incredibly talented and super sweet  Cheryl Scrivens' design book and kept this image fairly simple.  She had designed a card with this set and left it completely uncolored and it was fabulous!  Here is the link to that beauty!  For mine, after stamping my image in Memento's Tuxedo Black ink, I just colored the acorns and olives.  I did a fair amount of sponging with Papertrey Ink's Chai and Chamomile inks and also a little Ranger Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap.  My sentiment was stamped with Stampin' Up!'s Cajun Craze ink.  I spritzed some ink from SU!'s Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, and Pumpkin Pie markers around the leaves for a hint of color.  To finish this card off I rounded the top right corner , stitched a strip of patterned paper from Papertrey Ink and added some PTI ribbon in Terracotta Tile.  Oh...I also added sparkle around the image with my Wink of Stella Clear glitter pen.




Talk about a quickie card here.....it came together in a snap!  You could very easily mass produce this for your Fall card making.




I don't think I was able to get a shot so you could see the sparkle, but it is there...I promise! :)  

That is all for my card today but make sure you check out what all of my Bloomie teammates created for you using all of the new additions to the Happiest Holiday Collection.  You are in for a real treat...and then after that, you can make some of these amazing sets your very own...like, today!  I am so glad you were able to stop by today for a visit.  I hope you have enjoyed seeing this new release as much as we have enjoyed creating projects for you!  Until next time, take care..... :)

Cindy Lawrence    
Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and Marcella Hawley


~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Paper-Rustic White card stock from Papertrey Ink; Other-We R Memory Keepers 1/2" Corner Chompers and these Copic colors-E23, E27, E30, E33, E37, E70, E77, and E79.

12 comments:

  1. Katie, your card is wonderful! I love that you only colored part of it and then sparkled it up. I really love the way you did the side too - great stitching and ribbon. Lovely Fall card. We do need to catch up - I miss you!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Miss Katie, you really used this beautiful oak and olive image so wonderfully, and I love the partial coloring. And, oh my, I love the DP you've used with that rich grosgrain ribbon! Yes, I can see mass producing some of these for a Thanksgiving card to thank special people in our lives. I love it, my sweet friend!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P. S. And thanks for the shout-out, but your card is so much prettier! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I like the image and am glad it is now in photopolymer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my... so very beautiful stamp set and card!! I love all details so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the minimal coloring, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Love the selected coloring!! Very nice!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous classy look. Boy did you make this image shine Katie. The little extra details are wonderful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing how beautiful this image can look, yet so simple too. Of course, all Marcy's drawings are fabulous on their own. Your coloring of the acorns and olives is top notch, and the colors you used with it in the paper, ribbon, and sentiment make it all the more warm and wonderful. Love this, Katie!

    ReplyDelete