Sunday, June 1, 2014

Power Poppy's June Blog Hop!








Hi there...and welcome back for the grand finale of the week....the Power Poppy Blog Hop!  This is where you get another look at all of the stamps being released this month with creations from the entire Bloom Brigade.  So are you ready to get started?  Well then, let's go!




For my project I used the gorgeous Lavender stamp set.  I have been wanting to try a new technique using a sentiment so I thought this would be a good opportunity.  Let me show you...


Well, I say new...it's actually new to me....see how my image fades out to allow the sentiment to be seen easily?  Well, I did that by inking up my image and then taking a paper towel and dabbing off some of the ink where my sentiment would be....pretty nifty, huh? I stamped my image on white card stock and colored it up with copics, using the lightest shades in the faded area.  Next, I stamped my sentiment and then I die cut it out. While it was still in the die, I sponged some Iced Spruce Ranger Distress Ink in the lower left corner to anchor it.  I adhered my die cut panel to some purple card stock and hand trimmed it out.  Next, I started the embossed layer.  I measured how much of a strip I wanted and then used an embossing folder first on the top and then on the bottom so I would be left with a strip that wasn't embossed.  Then, I cut my purple polka dot paper and music paper to fit in the un-embossed area adhering them down.  I added a little zig zag stitching and then tied my purple gingham ribbon around the panel.  Next, I layered the panel with more purple card stock and lastly adhered it to my white card base.  


All that was left to do was adhere my sentiment panel down under the bow and add the button.  I have had that adorable purple string in my stash for eons, and thought it was perfect for this card....don't those little tabs on the string look like the lavender blooms?  I love how this turned out and now I am going to want to do this all the time...I know, I know....patience, grasshopper.  Here is a little side angle so you can see the layers...


So, does anyone else hear the Eagles right now?  Do you have a peaceful, easy feeling?  I hope so!  ;) Well, that is all for my little card today but there is much, much more for you to see!  Make sure you check out all of the beautiful creations that my Bloom Brigade team mates have created for you and then, go on over to the Power Poppy site and make these gorgeous stamp sets your own....they go on sale today!  I am so glad you could stop by and I hope you have a wonderful day.  I'll be back soon with more projects to share so until then, take care!

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence 
Danielle Kennedy 
Dawn Burnworth  
Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker

~Katie

Supplies:  Image-Power Poppy's Lavender stamp set; Paper- white and purple card stocks, purple polka dot from SU!, purple music sheet from The Paper Studio; Ink-Memento's Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Iced Spruce; Other-Spellbinders die set Large Labels, Basket weave embossing folder by Lifestyle Crafts, purple gingham ribbon and decorative string from Michael's, button, string and these Copic colors:  BG90, BG93, BG96, V17, V20, V22, V25, and V28.

19 comments:

  1. What a pretty, pretty card! I love the soft, muted colors and the music patterned paper in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Katie, what a soft and beautiful card...it makes me pause and sigh! Very peaceful! I just LOVE the technique of the faded image and how you colored it so the sentiment is still nicely visible! Beautiful layout and lovely layers, and I especially love the little tabs on the decorative string...they do look like lavender blooms! Absolutely a delight to my eyes, and it's definitely going to be pinned (like all my PP cards). Hugs, sweet friend, and thanks again for another beautiful inspiration and your delightful description and recipe! That's extra nice too! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, what a beautiful card. I love the softness of this, from the colours, textured background and music sheet you have captured the 'peaceful feeling'. Thanks for explaining how you faded out the image where the sentiment is - great idea - I will need to try it! I agree with you about the tabs on your string, it does look like lavender blooms. Katie, overall a lovely card. Thanks so much for the inspiration - I can't wait to get my sets now! Enjoy your day, Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful embossing, stamping and coloring. Wonderful layers, color and paper choices. Fantastic layout and great ribbon an bow. Yep, this card had it ALL! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is a soothing card Katie!! Love how you inked the main panel...it feels all "misty-like". Like it's inviting you to relax! And the textured background with the sweet gingham ribbon...so charming!! What a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soothing and beautiful Katie. Your design is clean and wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie...these lavender look SO elegant and classy with that colouring. Such perfect softness and colors together! Love the music notes paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card!! I love this lavender image, lavender is one of my favorite fragrances. Such a beautiful look you achieved with the technique, the sentiment looks so pretty nestled into the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, I love your Lavender card design! The sentiment panel really worked great!! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tip on removing some ink for the sentiment. What a soft and lovely card, colored beautifully, great paper choices - sweetness plus on thus one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. I love how the images fades behind the sentiment - which I absolutely love. Thank you for the details on how you created this amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my that is stunning, love how you softened the ink for the sentiment and your bow with button and thread is so cool, such a pretty touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There you go again. I appreciate the way you've described your process. So much care and consideration goes into the design of each of your cards. This is very cool and soothing and the perfect card for the sentiment. I do love the ink removal idea. Also love how you worked the fibers into your bow and button combination. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely lovely, Katie! LOVE the way you wiped off some of the ink to make room for the sentiment...GENIUS! Love the textures, paper choices, and sweet color combo! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was such a pleasure meeting you today. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards and secrets! Photos don't even begin to show just how incredibly talented you are! Your work is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This just makes me think feminine. It's so soft and delicate. The way you did the sentiment was genius. Really helps it pop out. Oh what a joy it's been to visit you today Katie. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, is this ever beautiful. Let me tell you that Iced Spur ink makes that image and sentiment bloom front and center with a graceful softness, and yet bold enough to pop. Each detail, embossed panel, music/dotted dp, stitching - all done with great thought to the overall design. Just stunning!.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie, I just fell in love with your card last week. My Lavender stamp set arrived in the mail yesterday!! Thanks for so much inspiration. Can't wait to start creating some Lavender goodness tomorrow! ♡

    ReplyDelete